Hey Mr. Bradford!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Hey Mr. Bradford! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:55 am
    ----
Hi George! Hi Folks!

Received my Jan-Apr 2007 volume 42, No. 1 today.

Caption by the photo on the front covers says, "An interesting glimpse into the past...."

Interesting? I would say it was VERY INTERESTING! That tank is equiped with a item that tank crews are not know to normal have issued to them!

For those who get the AFV News hard copy, check out the item on the side of the turret that is between the bed rolls!

Very interesting photo indeed!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#2: Re: Hey Mr. Bradford! Author: Jim_Coles PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:54 am
    ----
It looks like an oddly shaped wooden or metal container. From the shape I would guess for a rifle. (Sniper rifle maybe?)

C'mon, don't keep us in suspense! What is it?

#3: Re: Hey Mr. Bradford! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:39 am
    ----
No fair, Roy...I don't have my copy yet. Sad

#4: Re: Hey Mr. Bradford! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:55 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

No fair, Roy...I don't have my copy yet. Sad

Sorry Doug, don't feel right about posting the photo without Mr. B's OK first.

I agree with Jim Cole's post. Looks like a rifle case, possible with a scope, that is welded to the side of the turret.

For as far as I have ever known, tankers had been issued pistols and sub-machine guns. But that case looks like it is for a rifle and it don't look like something the crew pickup and tied down. The grab bar that runs along the side of the turret has a section cut out of it and the way the supports hold the case, it has to be welded to the turret side. Something G.I.'s don't normaly do during peace time.

Very odd MWO on that tank,
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: Hey Mr. Bradford! Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:17 pm
    ----
Doesn't that wooden box look long enough to stow an M1 Garand?

-> AFV News Discussion Board