Microsoft FFB2 Drivers CD
-> Shadow Squad Public Forum!

#1: Microsoft FFB2 Drivers CD Author: EURO_John316 PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:15 pm
    ----
~S~ Shadow's
Hi fellow sqaud mates, this post is for BushWacker. Shades mentioned that you might have the CD for Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, I have heard that with Win XP you dont need the drivers but I kind a like to have the drivers just in case anyway, it makes my feel all warm inside if ya know what I mean. Shades also mentioned that you are extremely busy, I am in no hury, My puter is in the shop being up graded with a new MB and CPU. I thought I might just drop in and say Thank You for kind thought. I am not sure if you intended to post the link in our forum or here it dosent matter to me, what ever is easiest for for my friend. ~S~ EURO_John316 AKA Mark

#2: Re: Microsoft FFB2 Drivers CD Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:55 pm
    ----
www.com-central.net/in...pic&t=6107

Wink

#3: Re: Microsoft FFB2 Drivers CD Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:34 pm
    ----
Did a little searching around - this link should be the compatable driver:

members.driverguide.co...erid=77513

free registration required to download driver.

#4: Re: Microsoft FFB2 Drivers CD Author: EURO_John316 PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:09 pm
    ----
Yes I have tried to DL the files from DriverGuide, the link you are posting is for the Wheel I have the stick not sure if theres a difference. I registered and went threw there long list of advertisers man what hassle. I went to DL the driver for MSFFB2 msswff2.zip and they want $1.99 plus 5 bucks for shipping so I asked EURO if any one had the drivers thinking it would be a easy post. And it has turned out to be a bit more than that. I do have the files from DG for programing the FFB2. Now I had a conflict with what I belive to be the sound chip on a MB i got when I upgraded it was a ASUS
P4S8X-MX with a used P4 1.4 gig CPU. I am currently having the shop trade the MB in for a Intel MB and upgrading to new P4 3.06 CPU. And Praying that it was the MB and not something that I did like a improper instal of Win XP. I did a reformat twice so i donot believe it is a OP issue.
So to get to the piont I have not been able to test the forces, I have been able to Calibrate the stick, so I know it dose work. So from what all i have read, and it sounds like this is more of a problem so why dont we just forget it. Since Win XP supports all of the forces inside the games namely IL2, 1946 and hopefull Microsoft Flight Sim X. Again I dont have a DVD drive, when I bought MFSX I didnt know it was a DVD game.
Let me thank all of you for you kindness, support and last but not least your time.
~S~ to all EURO_John316 AKA Mark

#5: Re: Microsoft FFB2 Drivers CD Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:33 pm
    ----
Sorry bout that bud - didn't run through the process. Found a forum where everyone else had the same problem as yourself and that was the working solution they came up with there that made everyone happy. Sorry it didn't work out for ya!

#6: Re: Microsoft FFB2 Drivers CD Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:05 am
    ----
Sorry cant help you out here either i recently had to ditch my ms sticks due to probs installing them, thing was i went out n bought up a whole heap for spares off ebay lol,
i think Jerry may have the drivers somewhere on his ftp but i cant search it for you has the PW seems to have changed, if i remember right we had driver and profiles some yrs back but the profiles were Sins secret uns lol.

Yeah by the way i'm in the market for a new stick so any ideas appreciated, mainly i need it for fs not combat these days so more realism the better....

#7: Re: Microsoft FFB2 Drivers CD Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:21 am
    ----
Realism?

Stick

Pedals

Wink

-> Shadow Squad Public Forum!