Anybody here live in N. Carolina?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:09 pm
    ----
My company has offered me a really nice incentive to move there, this is a large decision for me and my family..I've never really liked the idea of having to relocate but this may be to good to pass up..if there's anyone here from that area I'd like some info & opinions on the place...we have to make the decision pretty quick which sucks but they need someone out there in a hurry..any help would be appreciated...we would be moving to the Greenville area and any honest opinions would be appreciated...is it a nice area?..good place to raise kids ect....

#2: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:43 pm
    ----
Well, I grew up in NC and know it well. All my mom's family were from there. I've lived in Charlotte, Winston-Salem and spent beaucoup time in the little tobacco town of Roxboro (seat of Person County and I'm sure you never heard of it) Laughing

Greenville NORTH Carolina in in the Piedmont/Lowlands about 70 miles east of Raleigh/Durham (Raleigh is the capitol). Knowing where you are from or living now would help....but...

The pace of life in eastern NC is slower, Greenville is pleasant and anything but weird....pretty conservative styles in the region. It will be lushly green, humid in summer, you'll almost never see snow (but some ice occasionally!) and you'll find housing is relatively spacious and cheap...depending on where you are used to. If you're a dazzling urbanite, prepare for some culture shock. But on the whole, the region is not a bad place to live or raise kids.

You'll find the cost of living generally very affordable, depending on where you're coming from, Man.

I hope you like basketball! Wink

#3: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:49 pm
    ----
well I'm living in East Texas, my wife is from this area, its alwasy hot & humid, we never see snow or Ice except a fluke every 10-12 years...the landscape sucks, flat & boring...we live in a small town of about 6,000..so sounds like it wouldn't be much adjustment...thanks for the info..

#4: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:14 pm
    ----
I know E. Texas, too. Worked the area for 3 years....like places like Longview...and our company was in ....Beaumont!

No, it WON'T be much of an adjustment and I think you'll like it.... Smile

#5: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:15 pm
    ----
This guy isn't me, but happens to have the same name and sells home in NC.

www.danmoser.com/

#6: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:38 pm
    ----
LMAO MOSER!! what are the odds?

#7: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:36 pm
    ----
Well ya know Hangman,sorry to go way off topic here but cant help but notice the comment about flat landscape and no snow,,,,,how awful that must be,,,,,lol,,,,,,,too bad your company wont send you to a home town like my own,,,,,,,sure it's a different country, also has a temperature difference that might kill an unsuspecting texan (average -20 to -40 celsius in winter) and you pretty much need a 4x4 to get around , it aint all bad for those who dont mind sharing hiking trails with the grizzly bears and cougars and the occasional tree hugger......lol....no offence to those in pursuit of the optimal granola trail mix but I'm a logger from way back and earned my right to say that.......

www.go2rockies.com/

www.backcountrywinterv...en-bc.html

www.bcadventure.com/ad...golden.htm

just a couple little links anyways,,,,,I'd personally give it all up to be someplace warm right about now!!!!!!!

best of luck with your decision anyways,,,sounds like your already getting some great insight from highly knowledgeable characters like Ascout,,,,

take care

#8: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: MerlinLocation: Kuna, Id PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:02 pm
    ----
- JG300-Hoppa
it aint all bad for those who dont mind sharing hiking trails with the grizzly bears and cougars and the occasional tree hugger......lol....no offence to those in pursuit of the optimal granola trail mix but I'm a logger from way back and earned my right to say that.......

LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing
I've been working in the land of those in pusuit of the optimal granola trail mix lately... gotta remember that line... too funny lol

#9: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:35 pm
    ----
Hey Merlin..how are ya bud, long time no see. Razz

#10: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:09 pm
    ----
Well I live in north Virginia, next state up from there. Nice and green, a bit humid, and definitely get a true 4 seasons of the year. Lotsa good fishing too.....nuthin' wrong with it at all.

I travel over most of the US on business and just flat haven't seen too many places I like as much as this......and I'm a SoCal native.

Think you'll definitely be happy!

#11: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:27 pm
    ----
When i drove a semi i used to love getting a trip to the Carolinas in the winter . It would be 10 below in northern wis and in the 70s down there. It would short shirt sleve weather for me LOL!!

#12: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: MerlinLocation: Kuna, Id PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:21 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_HitMan
Hey Merlin..how are ya bud, long time no see. Razz

Hey Hitman... been doing real good lately... workin my butt off 6 days a week but I guess that's par for the course with a new business... getting ready to head back to yuppieville usa ( Sun Valley Id) next week for about 4 months but when that's all done hopefully I will be able to start flying with you all again. I think I'm gonna need a new puter tho... most of the games you all play are a little too much for this lil ol thang. Cool Cool

#13: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: Rummy PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:52 pm
    ----
Seems as though we need to sign up again. Anyway, I grew up between New Bern and Greenville and when I went off to college I went to ECU which is located in Greenville. You are less than 2 hours from the beach and 4 and a half from the mountains. Our beaches are very nice and accessable to the public. THe schools in Pitt county are probably some of the better schools in the eastern part of the state. Greenville is not a conservative town as suggested above and it is also not in the piedmont it is the coastal plain. Like any where the town will be what you make of it. Also , the heat we have is like a Bahamas heat not a Texas heat. You will sweat and you will sweat alot . Mr. Green . Good luck with your choice.

#14: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:00 pm
    ----
Awww...be fair Rummy...I said "Piedmont/lowlands"...kinda' the border area for the coastal plain Laughing Well, it ain't the outer banks, anyway.

Well, it's conservative compared to California, where I live now, but certainly no facist state (unless not being able to buy rolling papers and Playboy in 7-11 counts). Shades of Jesse, or something.

ECU, huh? I was one o' them early UNC "forty-niners"..... Smile

#15: Re: Anybody here live in N. Carolina? Author: Rummy PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:10 pm
    ----
Hehe , Piedmont usually implies hills and there is nothing resembling a hill in G-vegas as it has become known as. Guess it's a matter of how much geology you had to take . Razz . Charlotte has a very clean campus Neutral . You guys also have NAscar. NC is a red state but some of us here have our wits Wink .

-> Officer's Club