M114 (Super Lingle)
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:22 pm
    ----
Hello Board, this our first post and we thought we would show off our M114 along with it. This looks like a great site with lots of info!

#2: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:40 pm
    ----
Great to have you aboard! and what an awesome looking Lingle! I know one member of this DG that will certainly be interested, right Roy?!?!?
Do you have interior pictures as well and maybe some of the powerplant?
Where is this located?

#3: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:42 pm
    ----
Okay, I'll bite - so what is WG Tactical?

Neil

#4: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:26 pm
    ----
Here is a link that descibes just about every detail of the M114. WGTactical is West Georgia Tactical, INC I'm glad you guys like it!
m2hb.net/m2phpBB/viewt....php?t=521

#5: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:53 pm
    ----
You sure have done a great job of restoring this. Did you ever learn why the hole was cut out on the right rear? I've seen several like this. I think they all had some sort of radiation warning on them so my guess is they may have been used as SAM simulators on a range. The ones like this I saw were at the target storage area at White Sands Missile Range. I was on M114's for two years.

#6: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:00 pm
    ----
Mark from what I understand, cutting the hole(s) was a measure to demil the armor...probably to keep it from being functional at the time of disposal. What I know for sure is that we have had a lot of fun working on it, and we look forward to working on the second one as well.

#7: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 pm
    ----
The ones like yours that I saw at White Sands had louvres covering the hole. There was a label on the outside that said something to the effect of "DANGER-HIGH RADIATION LEVEL". I can't swear to it but I'm thinking they had been in the posession of the Air Force.

#8: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:49 pm
    ----
Hi WgTactical! Hi Folks!

All I can says is : Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

You guys are having way to much fun!

What are you planning on doing with those vehicles after all that hard and great work you have done?

While I can not afford one, I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#9: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:00 pm
    ----
Hello Roy, check your email. We sent you a phone video that one of the SRT guys took. Glad you like it!

#10: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:49 pm
    ----
- wgtactical
Hello Roy, check your email. We sent you a phone video that one of the SRT guys took. Glad you like it!

Hi Guys!

Is that video something that you guys would be inclined to share with the whole forum? (entirely your choice, of course) If it's in a format that we can use, we do have a provision for uploads here for items that this community finds of common interest, all properly credited to the originator, of course. Completely up to you.

It also depends on the size and format, of course. And I'd like to hear Roy's impressions since he'd have been the only one of us to have seen it. Roy and you guys can PM me with your thoughts on this if you prefer.

#11: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:07 pm
    ----
You are more than welcome to use it, but it is not much as it is a cell phone video. (If I had known that they were recording sound, I would have ran the sirens all the way up) Anyway, we will be doing some better quality vids soon and I will make sure you get the good stuff.

#12: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:25 pm
    ----
- wgtactical
You are more than welcome to use it, but it is not much as it is a cell phone video. (If I had known that they were recording sound, I would have ran the sirens all the way up) Anyway, we will be doing some better quality vids soon and I will make sure you get the good stuff.

Well, if you're thinking toward doing an actual vid, let's wait for that and you can prepare one with your "audience" in mind. Wink
Something not too long, maybe 2-3 minutes, or...you might just want to upload to someplace like Youtube and post a link here. Your call. I'm sure we'd like to see your efforts, either way.

The "Add download" page looks like this:
www.com-central.net/in...d&c=81

and is a tad complex (even for me ) so when the time comes, we can work out a way to transfer the file and I'll beg admin help to upload it after we review it.

#13: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 am
    ----
Hey WG

can you check something out for us.

We are trying to figure out if the serial number of M114s appears anywhere on the exterier. There is some though based on a very small sample that it is stamped in the hull just below the left rear lifting eye. Since you have access to the inside of an M114 can you check and see if yours has the stamped number and if it corresponds to the serial number on the data plate? Or if the serial number (and/or the registration number) is stamped anywhere else on the exterior.

Thanks

#14: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 am
    ----
I will look for the numbers you referenced. I know the machine in this video did not have the serial number under the lifting eye, but there was a number there and on the opposite side as well. Anyway, here is our "test drive"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYzHEDneFU

I updated the "test drive" link Twisted Evil

Last edited by wgtactical on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: M114 (Super Lingle) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:01 am
    ----
BITCHIN'! It's got "bling" and slings around corners like M24 Chaffee's goin' out the gate in "The Day the Earth Stood Still"! Mr. Green

-> AFV News Discussion Board