Not exactly armor, a question about Apache crews weapons
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Not exactly armor, a question about Apache crews weapons Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:41 pm
    ----
Last week there was a picture of a Netherlands air force AH-64D Apache in Afghanistan. I was surprised that the pilots had on the right side of the cockpit a rack (spelling?) for a Diemaco C8 carbine. They actually had carbines in those racks. If they also have a pistol I don't know, but normally flight crew had a Glock 17.

Is this standard for helicopter crews or is this a local Netherlands modification??

regards,
Lesley

#2: Re: Not exactly armor, a question about Apache crews weapons Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:09 pm
    ----
Not an expert on Apaches, I would venture to say that the 'Glock 17' is an NL modification.

US standard sidearm is the M9 Beretta.

Personally I prefer Glock over Beretta.

HTH

#3: Re: Not exactly armor, a question about Apache crews weapons Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:59 pm
    ----
I think he was asking if having carbines was standard

#4: Re: Not exactly armor, a question about Apache crews weapons Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:16 pm
    ----
Diemaco C8 is the Canadian made version of the M16 carbine. I guess the Netherlands army must also be using them.

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board