ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:15 am
    ----
The History Channel is running a "DOGFIGHTS MARATHON" tonight at 8:00 PM...a.lready started here, 13 minutes into it and it's an episode I haven't seen before, with a Douglas SBD Dauntless taking on a dogfight with 3 Japanese Zero's after the 3 other SBD's in his flight were jumped and nailed....hellacious flying and great animation!!!!

GAWD DANG this is an EXCELLENT SHOW!!!!!! TO be quite honest I don't know if I can tear myself away to go fly on the sim...but seriously this is just as good!!!

#2: Re: ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:36 am
    ----
Excellent show, I know I'm hooked. Watched last night, Was the one on Randall "Duke" Cunningham which I'd already seen but can watch them over and over. Of course I have it stuck in my head the guy's a crook but I guess that shouldn't affect his service.

Know I'm ready to hit the CFS3 MP after watching em. LOL

#3: Re: ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:13 am
    ----
Yup!!! There's one episode in particular I've been wanting very much to see but keep missing it - I think it's called "The Last Gunfighter" and is also about some air action in Vietnam.....this one's about an F-8 Crusader pilot mixing it with Mig-17's. I have a book somewhere written by an F-8 pilot and I think the title is the same, been dying to see if it's the one I'm thinking of.

As far as the one with Randy Cunningham, well, I just listen more to what his backseater Willie Driscoll says!

I was supposed to miss this being on a flight tonight that got cancelled....so I'm makin' the most of it, and although I'm missing CFS3 tonight, I think we should consider watching this as "Air Combat Tactic Study Hall"

#4: Re: ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:10 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Yup!!! There's one episode in particular I've been wanting very much to see but keep missing it - I think it's called "The Last Gunfighter" and is also about some air action in Vietnam.....this one's about an F-8 Crusader pilot mixing it with Mig-17's.

I caught that one, was awesome.

- JG300-Stoopy
I think we should consider watching this as "Air Combat Tactic Study Hall"

Agreed, how ya think I finally raked up those 2 kills last night. Wink Laughing

#5: Re: ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:29 am
    ----
Watching it as I type MIG ALLEY

#6: Re: ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:03 pm
    ----
last night's was very cool. F-4's fool Mig21's into ambush. Can't remember the pilots name that came up with the idea but they did a brief flashback to his service in WWII when He and his wingman (flying P-38's) decided to take on approx. 50 109's!

Since it was a flashback to his previous flying history they didn't tell that whole story but would like to know the final details on it's outcome. They showed him getting 2 109 kills before going back to the F-4 / MIG story.

#7: Re: ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:13 pm
    ----
None other than inimitable Robin Olds, I believe!

http://www.af.mil/news/airman/1296/olds.htm

http://www.acepilots.com/vietnam/olds_bolo.html

#8: Re: ALERT!!!!!!! CHECK YUR LOCAL CHANNEL! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:59 pm
    ----
That's him, great stuff watching him tell the stories. Could definitely tell he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. LOL

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum