Roebling NJ M60
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:00 pm
    ----
Google Earth photos are kinda dated. This is the toll booth to Burlington Bridge. Apparently, the parking lot upgrade had not occured yet when this photo was taken. Sorry, Bob.

[img]http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxrKUp7BHD7Kofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQnQxPnQxJPexv8uOc5xQQQ00nQJ0GeGJqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPGl%7CRup6leo%7C/of=50,527,443[/img]

Last edited by Dennis_Smith on Tue May 08, 2007 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#32: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:10 pm
    ----
Hi Dennis

in the last photo there is a light spot to the near right of the be in Linebergers way. The dark rectangle in that light shape is the M60 HTH
Jeff Lewis

#33: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:24 am
    ----
Thanks Piney,
I bragged too much, it doesn't zoom in as much as I wanted. But you can kinda tell there's a tank there if you squint real hard. Looking south-west this time.

[img]http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxrKUp7BHD7Kofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQnQxPnQxJPexv8uOc5xQQQ00nQGlPG0JqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPGJ%7CRup6leo%7C/of=50,527,443[/img]

#34: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:28 am
    ----
I thought one of the advantages of us squatting at this aviation oriented site is that we would have better air reconnaisance assets..

Where are the recce birds when you need them?

#35: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:46 pm
    ----
Negative on the recce bird. Forward Artillery Observer (back in PRC-77 days Shocked ) Still enjoy map reading. This google-earth stuff is fun, cause I can wander around all day without breaking a sweat!

Last edited by Dennis_Smith on Tue May 08, 2007 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#36: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:25 pm
    ----
That is the Florence M60. It is sitting right next to the building in the center.

Here is a link for those wanting to zoom and scan
maps.google.com/maps?i...8,0.004828

The Roebling M60 is just to the right you can actually zoom out a couple notches and have them both in the same frame.

here is the link to google maps of the Roebling M60

maps.google.com/maps?i...8&t=h&om=1

The tank is pretty much dead center if you zoom in a notch or two you can see the shadow of the gun tube

And the Burlington tanks are just to the left of the Florence one a little

#37: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:16 pm
    ----
I spent all that time bracketing those targets and they were already pre-registered! Sheesh!

#38: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:18 pm
    ----
- bsmart
I thought one of the advantages of us squatting at this aviation oriented site is that we would have better air reconnaisance assets..

Where are the recce birds when you need them?

You´d be surprized at what we "scenery designer" types could do in FS2004 with a little proper notice, Bob, but Jeez, retasking a satellite or spooling up an Aurora or Blackbird takes a little planning. It´s not like dispatching an armored cav scout platoon to "check out what´s over that hill yonder" y´know? Wink

(I think I even have macros for M48's and M113's)

Need a proper set of coodinates, preferably in DMS and typically a week or so, plus one or two guys to beta the download. Cripes, you clanky-thing guys are so fussy sometimes. Laughing

Don't look for this real soon, if ever...I'm on a heavy travel cycle right now and by then, you´ll have forgot all about this thread. Wink

#39: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:57 am
    ----
went on a little recon today. here is a little more info .

The Pemberton M60 is is on Lineberger Way angling off of Fort Dix Rd just before it crosses Pointville Rd, alongside American Legion Post 294. There is no evidence of any SN# or RN# on the hull and the paint is not heavy or thick. the texture of the hull seems different than usual and the leading edge of the hull seems particularly sharp. turret has weld bead #216 with a U in a keystone shape at the end on driver's left side. in white stick on vinyl letters SN 2898A on one of the fender boxes. It has 2 lift rings on each hull side with 3 return rollers and 3 shocks per side.

The Florence M60 is next to American Legion Post 194 at the intersection of Broad Street and W. Sixth St. SN# on lug, deck, and rear hull is 4064A with a four digit X out on rear hull. The RN is 9B7312. it has 3 lift lugs on each side of the hull

HTH

Jeff Lewis

#40: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:24 am
    ----
- piney
went on a little recon today. here is a little more info .

The Pemberton M60 ... the texture of the hull seems different than usual and the leading edge of the hull seems particularly sharp. ...

Jeff Lewis

I know, I know!! Some GI got in an accident and they had to rebuild the frontend with Bondo Rolling Eyes

#41: Re: Roebling NJ M60 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:47 pm
    ----
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the spot reports, I don't think Bob's theory is valid though on the Pemberton tank Laughing . Being as it has two "Lift Rings" on each side it's a late Hull made Post 1973. Could possibly be an old "Berlin" tank. They used to grind off and smooth out the imperfections. Made them look real slick and sharp. Would even use bondo (maybe Bob had a point) to fill in the rough spots. The other theory is the stamps might not have been struck that deep and filled in. Unless your willing to grind/scrape the paint off it's hard to be sure. Most VFW's/Legion's frown on that if they painted it. 2898A is a valid serial number, just have to assume it's the correct one Neutral .

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board