Armor Museums/Displays in Poland
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#61: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:54 am
    ----
Yeah, yeah... The great armor website project... On my "to do" list for this summer... Along with the Europe AFV register...

Neil

#62: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:41 am
    ----
- Polar

Thanks the_shadock for space on yours server

Thanks to you Polar for having done such a job !!

That's only a temporary file, since it hasn't been checked by Neil. When he'll have the time to do it, he will put it on his own server Wink .

I think that time has come to do an index/welcome page with a list of all the available AFVs registers on Neil's website !!

Pierre-Olivier

#63: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:52 am
    ----
Poland AFV register is aviable in this location the.shadock.free.fr/Poland_AFVs.pdf

Thanks the_shadock for space on yours server

#64: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:44 am
    ----
In LWP (Polish Army in soviet command) was use 15 su-57. Su-57 was use by 7 Samodzielny Dywizjon Artylerii Samobieznej. War survive 5 su-57.

#65: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:22 pm
    ----
The T48 GMC was supplied to the British. It used the 57mm M1 AT gun (Which was a licensed adaptation of the 6pdr). 962 were ordered of which 680 were delivered to Britian. The remainder were retained in the U.S. and converted to M3A1 personnel carriers. Chamberlain & Ellis says 'most vehicles delevered to Britian appear to have been converted tp PCs by removal of the gun. Hunnicutt says only 30 were retained by the British and 650 were sent to the Soviet Union. It looks like Chanberlain and Ellis couldn't rack most of the ones sent to Britian and assumed they were converted (like the ones retained by the U.S.) Hunnicutt (done years later) appears to have cleared that up.

#66: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:02 pm
    ----
So is that a licensed built version, or from lend lease?

Neil

#67: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:02 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Looks like there is also an M6 half-track tank destroyer in there...

Neil

It's T48 tank destroyer, or SU-57 in Red Army and polish army.

#68: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:57 am
    ----
Yep, but designation this vehicle in Poland is Su-57

#69: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:11 am
    ----
Looks like there is also an M6 half-track tank destroyer in there...

Neil

#70: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:49 am
    ----
Kolobrzeg

Military Museum
ul. Emilii Gierczak 5. (street)
open:
september - may
monday - close
tuesday 10:00 - 16:00 only outdoor -free enter
Wensday - Sunday 10:00 - 16:00 without
Thursday 11:00 - 17:00

june - august
monday - Sunday - 09:30 - 17:00
Wensday -09:30 -12:00
Wensday -12:00 - 18:00 only outdoor -free enter

T-34/76 - tactical number 102

T-34/85 - tactical number 1000

IS-2 - tactical number 410

ISU-122 - tactical number 009

ISU-152 tactical number 005

Su-57 (T48) - tactical number 426

Su-76 - tactical number 158

ASU-85 - tactical number 9044

BTR-40

BTR-152

BRDM-1

R-11M SCUD

other exponat

all photos © by "Muzeum Oreza Polskiego" in Kolobrzeg

#71: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:45 pm
    ----
the_shadock
This StuG could be the part collection of Keszycki brothers.
On this link you can find few poor pic this collection.
www.odkrywca.pl/pokaz_...?id=334145

#72: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:35 pm
    ----
Small update
All pic was doing on Main Bulding Polish Army Museum in Warsaw

BRDM-1

BRDM-2

Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf.D

Kubus

all photos © by Polar (me)

#73: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:53 pm
    ----
Polar, here is the direct link :

http://www.detektorweb.cz/index.4me?s=show&i=3606&mm=1&vd=1

P-O

#74: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:46 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Polar
So, for a fellow on primarily a medical business trip with a limited schedule, what is the best "investment of time" for someone who might only get to make ONE stop

This is depend what you are interested and how many time do you have. One hour, few hour or maybe one day.

I'm never sure, but I have to assume the minimum and hope for the best since I'm there to help my hosts. Future visits are likely. I'm arriving in Warsaw so for the first visit, I ask for a first choice: 1. Easy access, fast, close, most convenient for my hosts and a second choice for if we find ourselves with a little more time on our hands (since I have some time before this trip, if pre-arrangement is involved, any tips you have are welcomed because I'll forward to my hosts and they can tell me if they are do-able or not and handle any language issues, etc.)

I'm not sure where we might be going outside of Warsaw, but I expect to be doing some traveling by car. As I find out more, maybe I can PM or email you?

Thanks for your help...I'm really looking forward to this trip (first time to Poland)

D.

If you will be have little time and you will be in Center Warsaw the best chose is Main Bulding Polish Army Museum at AL Jerozolimskie street.

If you will be have more time ( abot 3-4 hour) the best chose is Museum of Polish Military Technik Fort IX Czerniakowski ul.Powsinska 13 (street) and try to see Main Bulding Polish Army Museum at AL Jerozolimskie street.
Of coure you can Pm or email to me. Cool

the_shadock
I don't know where is this StuG but I try find info about it. Did you could direct link to article about this stug on detektorweb?

#75: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:13 pm
    ----
Polar, I've found these photos on Detektorweb, it says that the pics were taken in Poland, in a private collection. Do you have further information about it?
-Stug III Ausf G? remains:

-Here we can see the same StuG III and a Panzer II turret :

Thanks

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board