Bore inspection?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Bore inspection? Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:53 am
    ----
Yes, the little tick marks were there. I know the old tankers said that the string method used to be the way of bore sighting. All I'm saying is that for the last 20+, the Pye-Watson or boresight device now in use is the standard.

It's all I've ever used on M48A5, M1IP, M60A3TTS, M1A1, M1A2. I am confident that If I needed too, I could boresight a tank using string and a pair of binos though. It would take me longer and may not be as accurate as if I did it with a Pye-Watson.

#17: Re: Bore inspection? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:16 am
    ----
- Sabot
Yes, the little tick marks were there. I know the old tankers said that the string method used to be the way of bore sighting. All I'm saying is that for the last 20+, the Pye-Watson or boresight device now in use is the standard.

It's all I've ever used on M48A5, M1IP, M60A3TTS, M1A1, M1A2. I am confident that If I needed too, I could boresight a tank using string and a pair of binos though. It would take me longer and may not be as accurate as if I did it with a Pye-Watson.

The only time I used the string method, was when 'we' had problems with the 120mm (M26A1) Pye-Watsons. The 'spring blocks' were bad, thus a bad boresight. We used the String Method in lew of a shortage of 'good' MBD's

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board