Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ?
-> EURO Squadron!

#1: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: Mgaz PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:28 pm
    ----
Hello Gents,

Probably most of you won't remember me, haven't been around for some (long) time. Just logging in to check out how all of you are doing.

Just for fun i leave you with my e-mail to the Boss regarding our EURO profiles for the Gazette (back in the old days, age removed getting too old).

To: Fletch
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 7:26:23 PM
Subject: Re: Please answer the following questions about yourself for the Gazette profiles...

Hi CO,
Here are the answers

NAME : Nuno Mendes
ID : EURO_Mgaz
INTERESTS & HOBBIES :Computers,Classic Cars,Squash
PERSONAL GAME PHILOSOPHY : A little ping here, a little ping there...
LIFE PHILOSPHY : Leave the philosophy for the next life, enjoy this one while you can.
TIME AS ZONE MEMBER : 3 Months
PERSONAL ZONE HATES : __Stylin__, because of the attitude, rates 8th on
the zone thought.
MOST RECENTLY IMPROVED MEMBER : Stilleto

Hope to be back online in a day or two, a bit rusted but as eager to be
shot down as before.
Mgaz

Any (good) news on the flight sim front ?

#2: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:25 pm
    ----
¤§¤ SIR!

I never went into combat with you (joined after) but was lucky enough to be involved in a game with you when I organised EURO 3[ ], 4[ ], 5[ ] (tick as appropriate). You did me and the squad the honour of dusting of your old game cd and joining us in our Jubilee celebrations when we mnaged to get around 38 EURO officers (and one or two others) into a single room on the Zone for a fly-past salute.

There may be some newer recruits who did not fly CFS1 and may not be aware of all your EURO achievements but most of this entire forum (Com-Central) who did fly CFS1 will have heard of EURO's MCR (Multi-combat Recorder) which you developed and gave to the CFS1 community for free.
When CFS1 was removed from the Zone last year, it was still one of the most popular downloads.
I joined EURO because of what that one file said about the attitude and honour of the squad in the CFS1 arena.
Even today, we have many members with "Nuno-holes" in their tails who will remember you very well (not to mention the C.O. lol).

Great to hear from you and know you're well and still thinking of us. Don't forget you have life-membership and are always welcome to drop by and say "Hello".
Your Mess-Hall coat-hook is still polished every day.

#3: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: EURO_Heywhat PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:52 pm
    ----
Nuno,

Good to hear from you Sir.

38 EURO's used to be a normal Saturday night with zone teams of Captains being sent out to spread to word.

There are EURO's ( New Guys ) I have not had the pleasure to play in games with but I know when I do they will be top quality flyers with top quality attitude. Expect the same from the EURO's you have not yet met from the old school.

Gent's, it's the EURO way I salute you all

#4: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: Mgaz PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:50 pm
    ----
Shades and Hey, truly great times m8s. Have temporarily drifted away from Flightsims but hope to get back in shape in the next version of IL2 (Battle of Britain) ? or that new WWI sim.

By the way, if the Gazzete is still circulating could you perhaps included me again in the distribution list. My email got temporarily blocked and i lost all the issues after that.

#5: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:07 pm
    ----
All the Gazettes are being hosted in a special "Just-In-Case-Nuno-Asks" folder at:-
www.EURO-Downloads.com.
(Send me your e-mail addy and I'll provide you with the password details to access the EURO members area, then follow the sign that says "Gazettes". Wink ).

There will be EURO's sitting around, waiting for the opportunity to welcome you back into any of our flight sim's whether it be IL2 Battles for Britain (or whatever it'll be called), WW1 sim's, or poor ole CFS1 (CFS1 will be me though so bring yer wing-armour! Heheh).

#6: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: EURO_ACBrit1 PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:22 pm
    ----
I've always been a one for advance folder preparation!

Nuno my Friend Smile Such a long time

We still get together via these Boards and the Hyperlobby (Zone replacement) and also fly FSX.

A warm waft of memories also consumed me when I read your original email. The World was surely a different place then.

That same World turns and for each of us our lives go on; I have enjoyed the companionship and friendship of all who have been through these hallowed halls - and continue to do so in the vast majority of cases - that can only be a good thing. And that is also why you'll see me around for as long as me bony fingers can type. LOL.

Please stay in touch via my email in Private message

Great to hear from you.

Regards, as always

ACB1

#7: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: EURO_ACBrit1 PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:32 pm
    ----
- EURO_Heywhat

38 EURO's used to be a normal Saturday night with zone teams of Captains being sent out to spread to word.

Geez Jon - the memories that brought back there - Zone Teams going out 4 at a time I remember ! Wow... thanks for that

#8: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: EURO_EXOWill PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:34 pm
    ----
NUNO !!!

Haven't seen that name in a very long time. Many great times we had...hopefully some new ones in the future.

#9: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: Mgaz PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:19 pm
    ----
Helloooooo CO, Hey Will,

Great times in the Zone, probably still have some of those 4 vs 4 combat reports around Smile

Hands are rusty and eyes are tired, but probably when workload is lighter will join you guys for some of my preferred functions : Target Drone and trying to control a plane without one wing.

#10: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: EURO_ACBrit1 PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:07 pm
    ----
Hey Nuno Smile

Ive sent you a Private message containing my contact addresses!

#11: Re: Any Free beer left on the Ark Royal deck ? Author: EURO_Bruiser PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:22 pm
    ----
Hey Nuno sorry for the belated post - I must say I was supprized to see a post from you. Nice to hear from you. Hope we all could get a fly in the near future

-> EURO Squadron!