Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS
-> FS2004

#1: Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:05 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone: Here are some Tweaks and tricks sent to me by a good friend Gzr seatarget:Here are some things that another friend found. You can find the programs to use on the web. His steps are for FSX but it should work for FS9 also.

FLIGHT SIM PREP STEPS

TOOLS
1. MemStatus Version 2.50
2. Advanced Windows Care V2
3. Smart Close V 1.1
4. Wincleaner Memory Optimizer

Steps to use:

1. Run Memstatus note status and minimize to tray
2. Run Advanced Windows Care-- Clean out un-needed items
a. select what you want to remove
b. Run "Tools" then Memory cleaner.
3. Check memstatus for gain
4. Run Smart Close V1.1 check for what is closed-may have to open Hypersnap
5. Check memory status
6. Run Wincleaner Memory Optimizer
a. Free System Memory
b. Free Virtual Memory
c. Click Maximize RAM and select 3 passes on the slider and click Maximize
7. Check memstatus for gain
8. Run Advance Windows Care V2-click tools
a.Exit and run again (3 times).
9. START FSX-At first screen Hit CTL-ALT-DEL (Should also work for FS9)
a. That opens Window Task Manager
b. Select PROCESSES TAB
c. Right click fsx.exe and select priority (Select FS9.exe)
d. Set Priority to High (Ignore the warning)-click YES
e. Click Performance tab to see graph of CPU and RAM
f. Minimize to tool tray.

10. Now in the tool tray you have a graph of the ram useage on top and video card on the
bottom (in red). There is also a graph of CPU useage in green.
a. If the video card usage shows red on both top and bottom you get a slide show
b. If you see some white to the right of the red, you get smooth flight. Happy flyings everyone, Wink

----- Original Message -----

Last edited by berlopez on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:57 pm
    ----
Ahhh.. don't forget, the oscilliscope leads need to be connected to motherboard chip U23 pin 5 and then to pin 18 of any open PCI slot between steps 7 and 8, then check for a square wave not exceeding 12ns in length and 800 picovolts in amplitude.

#3: Re: Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Ahhh.. don't forget, the oscilliscope leads need to be connected to motherboard chip U23 pin 5 and then to pin 18 of any open PCI slot between steps 7 and 8, then check for a square wave not exceeding 12ns in length and 800 picovolts in amplitude.

...and gap them plugs to .025", make sure yer points ain't blue'd up, put a light coat of oil on the operatin' rod han'le, put a squirt of air through the jets, prime and you're good ta' go!

#4: Re: Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 am
    ----
Don't understand these replies Sad ???
Just trying to help.

#5: Re: Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:44 am
    ----
It's just humor, berlopez, humor, that's all.

We appreciate you sharing this.

It just looked a little, well, complicated. But if it works, well, then it works, and thanks!

#6: Re: Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:33 am
    ----
Thanks Stoopy, don't mean to misunderstand the humor, so don't get me wrong.
I tried it! Couldn't find the programmes, though. So I only ran the steps A through F and after a little experimenting it helped. Now I might try it soon iin FSX when I get it installed again

#7: Re: Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:52 pm
    ----
Way to go guys.. Mr. Green

Berlopez - these may help, did a quick search through google, so I am sure there are multiple sites - each link should point you at the page where you can select the downloads without too much navigating. Let me know how it turns out!

ADVANCED WINDOWS CARE V2.30 (FREEWARE)
www.freewarefiles.com/...14264.html

MEMORY STATUS v2.0 (think this is the one you are referencing)
www.filetransit.com/vi...p?id=12199

SMART CLOSE v1.1
i.domaindlx.com/bmprod...martclose/

WIN CLEANER v5.0
www.softpedia.com/get/...izer.shtml

#8: Re: Some New tweaks and Tricks to improve FPS in FS Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:54 am
    ----
Smile JG300_Hunt: Downloaded and run and all seems to work fine now
Thanks

-> FS2004