New M1 series tank?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New M1 series tank? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:33 pm
    ----
I talked to a guy from Rock Island Arsenal today and he said they were coming out with a new version of the M1 called the "1A2 SEP V2". Anybody heard of it? Hope to talk to him again and find out more.

#2: Re: New M1 series tank? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 pm
    ----
Only things I am aware of would be the TUSK upgrade and the FCS Spin Out kit...

Neil

#3: Re: New M1 series tank? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:34 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

I too have read an article noting the latest version of the M1 was called the M1A2 SEP Version 2. No idea which upgrades that covers yet.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: New M1 series tank? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:11 am
    ----
Only thing I can find is that "Version 2" includes a "Continous Electronics Enhancement Package," whatever that is...

Neil

#5: Re: New M1 series tank? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:03 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Only thing I can find is that "Version 2" includes a "Continous Electronics Enhancement Package," whatever that is...

Neil

Microsoft Vista Rolling Eyes

#6: Re: New M1 series tank? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:47 am
    ----
- bsmart
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Microsoft Vista Rolling Eyes

But we seem to be drifting here..... Laughing

#7: Re: New M1 series tank? Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:52 pm
    ----
Pulled from Defense Industry Daily:

"The M1A2 SEP is builds on the digitized M1A2 platform with an improved armor package of third generation steel-encased depleted uranium armor, a new command and control system, second-generation FLIR thermal sights that include a Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) for "hunter-killer" operation, the Under Armor Auxiliary Power Unit (UAAPU) and a Thermal Management System (TMS - i.e. air conditioning for crew & electronics). The M1A2 SEP also features enhanced electronics like color maps and displays, improved networked communications, high-density computer memory and increased microprocessing speed, a user friendly Soldier Machine Interface (SMI) and an open operating system that will allow for future growth.
"

#8: Re: New M1 series tank? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:53 pm
    ----
Okay, thats SEP... But what is SEP V2....

Neil

#9: Re: New M1 series tank? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:57 pm
    ----
Properly spelled 'Ver$ion 2' Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board