M2A2 BFV Related and info sought...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M2A2 BFV Related and info sought... Author: Duke113p PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:17 am
    ----
OK I am still new to this board but here it is...

I am looking for some information on the BFV family. Primarily I am looking for "THE" Book of books on the Bradley. Anyone know if there is such a beast? Like the Hunnicutt Book on the Sherman.

And last but not least, I am in search of two original early M2A2 Tamiya model kits 1/35 scale, detail set, and interior set. IF anyone can point me in the right direction let me know. Thanks in advance,

#2: Re: M2A2 BFV Related and info sought... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:22 am
    ----
- Duke113p

I am looking for some information on the BFV family. Primarily I am looking for "THE" Book of books on the Bradley. Anyone know if there is such a beast? Like the Hunnicutt Book on the Sherman.

Welcome, Dustin...

...and seek no further:

www.rzm.com/books/hs/bradley.cfm

It's also everything you could ever want to know about the M113 and it's predecessors...the APC family in general. Hunnicutt is da' Man. The price is steep and I'm sure most here would tell you it's well worth it. I have a copy and don't hesitate to recommend it.

#3: Re: M2A2 BFV Related and info sought... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:29 am
    ----
Bradley is one of the Hunnicutt titles that still seems to have pretty widespread availability. Amazon saya they actually have it new and through abebooks.com ( the used book search site I use the most often) there appear to be multiple places with it in the $55-70 price range.

The ISBN is 0891416943.

Welcoome aboard

#4: Re: M2A2 BFV Related and info sought... Author: Duke113p PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:11 am
    ----
Thanks guys soo much for the help! I did not even think to use the Hunnicutt as a bases of my initial search. Already this is proving to be a most helpful message board. Thanks again,

Dustin

#5: Re: M2A2 BFV Related and info sought... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:16 am
    ----
Hi Dustin! Hi Folks!

- Duke113p

.... I am in search of two original early M2A2 Tamiya model kits 1/35 scale, detail set, and interior set. IF anyone can point me in the right direction let me know.

One mail order site you might try is Great Models in Utah and another is Squadron Mail Order in Texas. Check both sites for photo etch, both should have some or all of what is available.

I know of three Tamiya Bradley kits and the numbers should be:
35132 M2 Modern IFV with complete interior (might be out of production)
35152 M2A2 Bradley IFV (could this be the one you are asking about?)
33264 M2A2 ODS IFV (almost the same kit as 35152 but with a lot of equipment to hung on the outside of the vehicle)

Hope some of this may be helpful, welcome to the group.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board