fr8ycat hits Hood.
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: fr8ycat hits Hood. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:24 am
    ----
A couple of pics from my trip to Portland. Had a blast and think I'm ready to move. Wink

Me (on right) and a couple of friends I visited. Did some snowboarding at Meadows on Mt. Hood. That's the peak of Mt. Hood in the background.

And we took a tour of the USS Blueback. It sits in the river below the Museum of Science and Industry where my friend Chefs.

And for you Kubrick fans, the The Overlook Hotel AKA The Timberline Lodge.

#2: Re: fr8ycat hits Hood. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:56 am
    ----
So how was the snow....anything like frozen or classic wet "Portland cement"? Laughing (Purty late in mid-March) Wink

signed,
an ex-Salem resident

#3: Re: fr8ycat hits Hood. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:52 pm
    ----
Considering the time of season and the warm temps it wasn't bad at all. At the base it was about 45 degrees, at the top alot colder and windy. By the end of the day you got a little slush on top but the snow was still soft and I'll take that over hard packed ice (doesn't agree with my bones).

Couldn't ask for nicer weather. Sunny, warm and clear (fri was 80) until Sun night when a front started coming through and started raining Mon when I left. Think today the snow level was supposed to drop to 4k so they were expecting a few inches of fresh stuff on the mountain.

My first time up there and have to admit it's beautiful. Polished off plenty of local beer for st. paddys day and then my friends b-day on Sun. Was also my first time on Alaskan Airlines and wish I cold fly them everywhere, they give ya free beer on the flight.

#4: Re: fr8ycat hits Hood. Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:08 pm
    ----
Looks like a lot of fun Fr8ycat Seeing as it was nice and warm why no ski bunny pics?

#5: Re: fr8ycat hits Hood. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:39 pm
    ----
- JG300-Dan736
Seeing as it was nice and warm why no ski bunny pics?

Because I would forget to get em off my camera before the wifey saw em and she would be buying me a one-way ticket back to Portland. Which might not be a bad thing.......but very expensive. Laughing

#6: Re: fr8ycat hits Hood. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:12 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
- JG300-Dan736
Seeing as it was nice and warm why no ski bunny pics?

Because I would forget to get em off my camera before the wifey saw em and she would be buying me a one-way ticket back to Portland. Which might not be a bad thing.......but very expensive. Laughing

Note to Fr8ycat: This is the importance of having two mem cards, Dude! Wink (You can get pretty handy at switchin' 'em during critical warm up breaks and such).

Just a tip for future trips....

You young pigs, Sheesh....gotta' teach 'em everything!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum