The AFV Forum "language skills" thread...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: The AFV Forum "language skills" thread... Author: Esa_MuikkuLocation: Tampere, Finland PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:39 pm
    ----
Hi Doug!

You can put my name on the list for Finnish translations althought there is not much to be translated.

#17: Re: The AFV Forum "language skills" thread... Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:57 am
    ----
More than glad to translate articles for AFV Forum that's originally in Afrikaans.

Afrikaans is related to Dutch , but an unique language in its own right.

#18: Re: The AFV Forum "language skills" thread... Author: javallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BR PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:00 am
    ----
I got to this tread now but you can count on me to portuguese language military related subjects/translation as well as on spanish language.

I will be pleased to help.

Jose Valls

#19: Alright- I'll bite... Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:57 am
    ----
"Heavens, Norway is almost in the same situaltion as....as....CANADA!"

Quoi? What's that all about?

Bruce in Edmonton

in CANADA

#20: Re: Alright- I'll bite... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:49 pm
    ----
- BruceClark
"Heavens, Norway is almost in the same situaltion as....as....CANADA!"

Quoi? What's that all about?

Bruce in Edmonton

in CANADA

Bilingual state, regional and historical influences, just havin' fun, no biggie. Wink

Thanks for all the help, Guys, this is great! (added Afrikaans to list, some interesting vehicles to come out of there, too). Keep ém coming!

I'm off in Úrp, can only look in irregularly for a while....

D.

#21: Re: The AFV Forum "language skills" thread... Author: Fyll PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:35 pm
    ----
I'd be glad to help with any Greek that comes up

Fyll

#22: Re: The AFV Forum "language skills" thread... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:24 pm
    ----
- Fyll
I'd be glad to help with any Greek that comes up

Fyll

Excellent, Thank You!...and Welcome to the forum! ( coincidentally, I just happened to be reading about the air assault on Crete last night in Keegan´s "Intelligence in War")

We have a glaring deficiency of any acknowledged Asian members I notice. If you´re lurking out there and just reluctant to speak up, don´t be! Wink

#23: Re: The AFV Forum "language skills" thread... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:25 pm
    ----
Doug,
I agree, I would really love to see some contributors from Korea, Japan, and The Republic of China if possible.

As far as language goes, I'm no help but have access for a little while to interpreters for Arabic. Possibly longer depending if I can stay in touch with a few.

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board