US Army AFVs from eBay
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: US Army AFVs from eBay Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:46 pm
    ----
M2A2 Light Tank

M2A4 Light Tank

WWII 709th Tank Bn M5 Hedgerow Hurtgen Forest Photo

Patton Tanks Watch Ger Carry Looted Food Fm Wreck Photo

M1 Combat Car

M2A1 medium Tank in action

T25

M2 Medium Tank

T26E1

T3, Aberdeen

M1922 Medium Tank

T2 Medium Tank

T28 on bridge

Last edited by Taranov on Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:06 pm
    ----
The terrain in the T-28 picture sure doesn't look like Aberdeen. I wonder if this is the one that was lost out at Yuma? Notice it doesn't have the outside track units installed. And it appears to have the track hoisting jibs installed on the two front fenders

#3: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:57 pm
    ----
- bsmart
The terrain in the T-28 picture sure doesn't look like Aberdeen. I wonder if this is the one that was lost out at Yuma? Notice it doesn't have the outside track units installed. And it appears to have the track hoisting jibs installed on the two front fenders

I'd say that is desert terrain, like around Yuma....

I'll bet that is the T-28 Super Heavy 'FLAME' tank... Mr. Green

Cool Photos,
Don

#4: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:03 pm
    ----
I say it's Yuma too. They used to test bridges down there on the Colorado.

#5: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:17 pm
    ----
Those pictures are on E-Bay? Wonder how the seller got them? They look like they were removed from a photo album.

The crew of this tank must have been ambidextrous. I see 4 machine guns, a Thompson, and a 45 cal. pistol sticking out. Sheesh!

#6: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:47 pm
    ----
- Dennis_Smith

The crew of this tank must have been ambidextrous. I see 4 machine guns, a Thompson, and a 45 cal. pistol sticking out. Sheesh!

Naw, its just one guy......John Rambo's Grandfather..... Mr. Green

Don

#7: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 pm
    ----
- Dennis_Smith
Those pictures are on E-Bay? Wonder how the seller got them? They look like they were removed from a photo album.

I've bought a few booklets of old photos & info from this guy. Many of them were described as having been put together by a "former intelligence" analyst or some such...

Neil

#8: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 am
    ----
Marmon-Herrington CTVL, Mexico

M3 Lee

#9: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:51 pm
    ----
Exellent shots of halftracks, Italy, 1944

M13 MGMC

M15 CGMC

Source:
cgi.ebay.de/2-WK-US-Fo...dZViewItem

#10: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:25 pm
    ----
Is someone looting the files at Aberdeen??

#11: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:01 pm
    ----
Since I know you guys are downloading these, puh-leeze I want copies when I get back...I´m not where I can download and save right now.

Thankyuhveruhmuch. Wink

#12: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02 pm
    ----
Hi Bob! Hi Folks!

- bsmart

I have to agree with everyone else, looks like Yuma to me.

On second look, I think the double tracks are there. When they are removed there is no armored side plates.

My 2 cents,
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#13: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:41 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Bob! Hi Folks!

- bsmart

I have to agree with everyone else, looks like Yuma to me.

On second look, I think the double tracks are there. When they are removed there is no armored side plates.

My 2 cents,
Sgt, Scouts Out!

WOW!! Good catch....and I thought vision dimenished with age.....(DOH!!)

There are definitely two sets of track visible on the near side (left side). The skirts are also a good indicator...

Don

#14: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:54 pm
    ----
Yea on second look (especially with the picture of the outer tracks being towed) I agree the outer tracks are installed in the Bridge photo. In the 'towed' photo ther is a verticl side plate above the tracks, the side slope is actually on the outer track segment

#15: Re: UA Army AFVs from eBay Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:24 pm
    ----
Hi Don! Hi Folks!

- Dontos

WOW!! Good catch....and I thought vision dimenished with age.....(DOH!!)

Vision just fine! It was the brain that wasn't working! I looked at that photo about four times before I remember this one that you had found and noticed I could not see all of the bogies and the support rollers.

Age, if it's not one thing it's another.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board