Standard D25 from GES
-> FS2004

#1: Standard D25 from GES Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:49 am
    ----
New - and free - from Golden Eagles Squadron:
-> members5.boardhost.com.../9980.html

"Wow, Our own Jack Hill and Jim Nichols have teamed up to bring you Jim's Dad's New Standard D25 biplane and it's a beaut..:o) This is the plane that Jim's Dad used to haul people around the Ohio skies and Jack has put a family on board so you should make some money on this flight..;o) This plane has been restored in real life and is being used agin to give people a thrilling ride. Give it a try at the link below! A fun airplane!!, Best, Bill"

1,12 Mb

Cool
Marco

#2: Re: Standard D25 from GES Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:28 am
    ----
Got it Marco..Thanks..:D

#3: Re: Standard D25 from GES Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:00 am
    ----
Cool
Mr. Green

#4: Re: Standard D25 from GES Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:11 am
    ----
Hey this is a great little plane with some nice touches!

I took it for a hop around the pigsty and first thing I noticed was the 4 helmeted heads in the front cockpit - thats a passell of people for a bird like this - and that their heads turned in synch with rudder inputs, so they're always looking into the turn (now if they just made something like that for motorcycle passengers).

Then I realized that 4 heads also means 4 stomachs up in front.......so a GENTLE hand on the stick is required unless the pilot wants the windscreen in front of him to double as a puke shield...

Setting it down on the runway from VC mode was extremely rewarding....the big engine and taildragger setup limit forward visibility a lot, as do the 4 heads in the forward cockpit....and they also make you feel a little pressured to get 'em down safe and sound.

I charged 'em 50 cents per head, and am lookin' forward to recoupin' the $40 I lost on the helo flight to Mt. Hood pretty quick using this plane!

NICE - I give it two frogs up!

-> FS2004