GREAT article Re: FS burnout
-> Officer's Club

#1: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:47 am
    ----
This is an absolutely fantastic read for all of us simmers......it's just so, well, "Right On"! One of the best articles I've ever seen on our hobby.

www.hovercontrol.com/a...e_34.shtml

#2: Re: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:40 am
    ----
Cool

Great read Stoopy !

thanks for the pointer, indeed spot on !!

fled
Mr. Green

#3: Re: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: AARP-StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:20 am
    ----
Great read indeed! However I don't know what catagory I fall in. I simply LOVE to fly. And this is much cheaper than the real thing.(which I enjoy immensely)

#4: Re: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:03 pm
    ----
I liked it too. I've been there and got some of the same advise from the senior staff at JO. I even reposted the link for them to see at JO. It was very informative and I hope the folks at JO appreciate as much as I did. Hopefully they don't go through what I did with the burn out, and this is helpful. Many Thanks for the posting. Mr. Green

#5: Re: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: CodeRedLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:16 pm
    ----
lol, I was in the crack addict simmer category through this whole past summer, and am just pullin out of the burnout now i think.

"The first step to overcoming a problem is admitting you have one"

#6: Re: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:37 pm
    ----
Great stuff Stoopy....:wink:

#7: Re: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:40 pm
    ----
2. Crack-Addict Simming Sessions
If you find yourself flying nearly every day for more than 4-6 hours. Eventually you will burn-out.

Great find Stoopy. Years of 4-6 hours a night 6 days a week finally did me in. All for the better too because I just realized I actually have 3 kids and not 2! LMAO!

I have to admit that actually sleeping at night has been nice!

#8: Re: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:22 pm
    ----
Well Jordan at HC really did hit many nails on the head and yeah it's excellent. Like many of ya's I also was approaching the crack-addict category for a while, and a few months back it all caught up with me, and finally a decision had to be made. Truth be told it wasn't much of a decision, because there was no alternative. And I rediscovered that it's as much fun to kick butt at work in the real world as it is to kick tail in an MP session....plus it sure pays better.

Having to get _completely_ away for a spell and get caught up on all fronts was the only way I could have done it....it was just hard to explain when I came back, and I am very very VERY grateful for an understanding squad and friends who didn't question it. If we can do anything to help our fellow simmers out in this regard, I'd say that understanding and suppporting the need for the occasional breakaway is pretty much at the top of the list, and Jordan sure as heck did us all a huge favor by giving it due recognition and putting it in writing so very well.

Posted a reply at HC to give the author the real thanks!

S!

#9: Re: GREAT article Re: FS burnout Author: MRC_Willy PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:51 pm
    ----
Excellant article. I've been to the burnout point a bunch of times. I usually just back off for a while, doing just enough to keep my finger in and then ease back into it.

-> Officer's Club