Taking the plunge?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Hardware

#31: Re: Taking the plunge? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:13 pm
    ----
Already tried the page up and down, it just changes the selected item (in my the hours minutes or seconds).

Jel-Ihave a PS2 keyboard which I was thinking might be the prob. I'll have to look around but I thought I saw a review somewhere about someone having a prob with keyboard and this motherboard. Evil or Very Mad

Everything is working but I want to get into the bios to check my memory settings latency. In Windows with the AI Booster it has my memory set at 1.85V (AUTO) and Crucial has my memory listed as 2.2V. Like I said everything is working fine so I'll have to research this some more. Haven't OC'd yet. Since I haven't done it before I need to read up a bit on it.

Gotta get this BIOS thing figured out. Thanks for the suggestions.

#32: Re: Taking the plunge? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:50 pm
    ----
problem solved. Grabbed the kids keyboard (Compaq) and it works so I guess there's some incompatibility with me Dell keyboard.

#33: Re: Taking the plunge? Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:45 pm
    ----
Wink

Great stuff Enjoy Mr. Green

#34: Re: Taking the plunge? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:00 pm
    ----
Dell use proprietary equipment so your new BIOS may not recognise that particular kb.

#35: Re: Taking the plunge? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:47 pm
    ----
OK, here it is.
ASUS P5N32E-SLI
INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.4 O/C @ 3.0
EVGA G-FORCE 8600 GTS 256 SUPERCLOCKED
2G CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
250G WESTERN DIGITAL SATA HD
LIAN LI PC-60APLUSSII SILVER ALUMINUM
BFG TECH 650W PSU

Have spent the last week playing with trying to OC. Took piecing together multiple sources on the net but achieved 3.2G. After being happy with that accomplishment I backed it off to 3.0. Discovered you cant depend on the AI Booster software to get you any higher than 2.7 (15%). It's highest setting is 20% but it kept crashing when set to that. Fter getting some suggestions from forums on the net I was able to manually change the setting in the bios and the 3.2 no probs.

With stock heat sink and fan im getting 42C/40C (MB/CPU) for temps.

Have the FS'S installed, just have to tweak em and add some aircraft and scenery I like and we'll see how she goes.

#36: Re: Taking the plunge? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:24 pm
    ----
Nice.
Clean up that cabling mister! Wink
(will help your cooling if you get decent, uninterrupted air flow)

-> Hardware