M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: 120mmLocation: Hohenfels, Germany PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:42 am
    ----

Just figured I'd pipe in with a contribution.

#2: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:35 pm
    ----
hey 120mm, you have any other shots of this jumbo?

#3: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:00 pm
    ----
I think thats the original "King Cobra," although I dont know the WWII story behind it...

Neil

#4: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:00 pm
    ----
I think thats the original "King Cobra," although I dont know the WWII story behind it...

Neil

#5: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: 120mmLocation: Hohenfels, Germany PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:28 am
    ----
- SHAWN
hey 120mm, you have any other shots of this jumbo?

It's an hour away, but I could go get some more. I get there about once a month, but I just have to remember a camera.

#6: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:46 am
    ----
When I was in Germany in the 70's there were some tanks at Graf by the theater. Are those still around? In particular I remember an M26 tank and a halftrack with quad 50's.

#7: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:05 am
    ----
hey 120mm, at your leisure, you could take some walk around pics for me? feel free to climb all over it LOL. anything different or unusual about this that you know of?
shawn

#8: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:00 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

That's right, see the G104 group for more info.

Hanno

#9: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:34 am
    ----
- 120mm

120mm, I'd like to use that photo on PreservedTanks.com as I'm currently writing up Rose Barracks. Let me know if that's a problem.

#10: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:04 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- 120mm

120mm, I'd like to use that photo on PreservedTanks.com as I'm currently writing up Rose Barracks. Let me know if that's a problem.

Trevor,

Just making sure, but you DO know that Cobra King is presently at the Ft. Knox Museum in some stage of disassembly/reassembly/restoration?

Chuck

#11: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:39 pm
    ----
I've started an entry for Cobra King here:

UID 1683: Cobra King, Fort Knox

120mm, I've added your photo to it - let me know if that's a problem.
[Also sent by PM as 120mm hasn't been on the forum for a while]

- C_Sherman
Trevor,

Just making sure, but you DO know that Cobra King is presently at the Ft. Knox Museum in some stage of disassembly/reassembly/restoration?

Chuck

Sure, but I don't just write up places that have tanks currently but each place that has previously had (at least 2) tanks. So I'm currently writing up Rose Barracks, Vilseck, and Ferris Barracks, Erlangen, as previous locations for Cobra King and the M4A1 that was with it. Currently the Cobra King entry (link above) is just a placeholder that has photo's of it at Erlangen and Vilseck, and when it was removed. Later I'll write up a fuller history (including Don's photo's and updates since its arrival at FK).

#12: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:44 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum

- C_Sherman
Trevor,

Chuck

Sure, but I don't just write up places that have tanks currently but each place that has previously had (at least 2) tanks. So I'm currently writing up Rose Barracks, Vilseck, and Ferris Barracks, Erlangen, as previous locations for Cobra King and the M4A1 that was with it. Currently the Cobra King entry (link above) is just a placeholder that has photo's of it at Erlangen and Vilseck, and when it was removed. Later I'll write up a fuller history (including Don's photo's and updates since its arrival at FK).

Trevor,

I'd meant my comment mostly in jest. After I'd written it I saw your other posts about what you were doing, so I pretty much guessed what was up. If it sounded critical or snarky, it wasn't intended to.

Chuck

#13: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:53 pm
    ----
Not a problem - it was a fair point.

#14: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:22 am
    ----
Trevor,
Some good pics of tabks in Erlangen: www.armykaserne.com/fe.../index.htm

From this website: www.armykaserne.com/fe.../index.htm

I wish that I would have taken more Sherman photos while at Erlangen...
Dan

#15: Re: M4 "Jumbo" guarding Vilseck back gate Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 am
    ----
Photo of CK in Erlangen: www.armykaserne.com/fe...essy/2.jpg

Dan

-> AFV News Discussion Board