International-Date-Line almost...
-> Officer's Club

#1: International-Date-Line almost... Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:12 pm
    ----
...knocks a squadron of F-22's out of the sky!

www.defenseindustrydai.../index.php

#2: Re: International-Date-Line almost... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:59 pm
    ----
oi!
you have to build in something that guarantees ya the option that you can keep yer factory producing the things Laughing

fled
Laughing

#3: Re: International-Date-Line almost... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:05 pm
    ----
When Travolta and Gore speak of "sacrifice", they mean for us, Combat. You just don't "get it".

I'm still waiting for that footage of Big Al's fat A$$ peddling himself around Washington...or Tennessee, for that matter. Seems he couldn't cover the few hundred meters between his hotel and the award center in Cannes with FIVE SUV's to transport his entourage. Now that's what I call "committment". Wink

#4: Re: International-Date-Line almost... Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:08 pm
    ----
oi oi oi! and this is why they never should have gotten rid of prop planes lol

#5: Re: International-Date-Line almost... Author: Combat PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:39 am
    ----
When Travolta and Gore speak of "sacrifice", they mean for us, Combat. You just don't "get it".

I'm still waiting for that footage of Big Al's fat A$$ peddling himself around Washington...or Tennessee, for that matter. Seems he couldn't cover the few hundred meters between his hotel and the award center in Cannes with FIVE SUV's to transport his entourage. Now that's what I call "committment".

Well I think ya may have replied to the wrong post but...I HEAR YA MAN!!! lol

#6: Re: International-Date-Line almost... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:36 pm
    ----
I saw this right after making my comment about inflight refueling problems back when 1 TFW was doing a deployment to Kadena back in F-15 days.

Whenever the discussion of F-15s v F-16s came up there were several pilots who said they would turn in their retirementor resignation papers if forced to go to an F-16 unit. They just did not want to get in a fighter where you only suggested what manuevers to make and the airplane decided exactly just how to make the maneuver.

As one pilot put it "If I have a missle flying up my tail I WANT to Over G the airplane. I want to pull that stick so hard and so tight that I bend the tips of the wings so that I can get away from the missle. I don't want a computer to decide that I can only pull a certain G load because I may hurt the airplane. If I have to hurt the plane to save my butt I'll do it.

They figured the F-15 was probably the last real fighter that wasn't a videogame with wings.

Oh the highest recorded G load on an F-15 on an actual mission was 19+. It was at Red Flag back in the late 70s. The plane got caught in a turn real close behind an F-4 when the F-4 kicked in it's ABs. The added presure on the wings tightened the turn (and blistered some paint) The pilot momentarily blacked out, recovered and returned to Michael Army Airfield where the squadron was deployed to. After a very close inspection (The wing tips were found to be measureably above nominal height) the plane was 'one time flight'ed back to the factory at St Louis. I don't remember the tail number anymore (It might be on the site that has all airforce tail numbers ever assigned. It was a 74- or 75- bird (all we had assigned at the time))

-> Officer's Club