SNOW!!!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:14 pm
    ----
It's snowing here in Odessa,TX. 12:34 PM Current temp 28 Degrees. And were getting dumped on Shocked Shocked . Wednesday it was 89 degrees here. Doesn't happen often here especially in April......................
IFR only.

#2: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:08 pm
    ----
Nice job, bud!!!! I was up in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area all week and yep, it got a bit cold starting on Wednesday. Still, hard to believe you got snow farther southwest of there!!!

Looking good, did ya get to have a snowball fight with the kids? Or were they busy shoveling?? Wink

#3: Re: SNOW!!! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:16 pm
    ----
See what happens when you send too many politicians to Washington. The lack of hot air causes a general climate shift. We'll have to see about sending some of them back to you

#4: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:22 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

Looking good, did ya get to have a snowball fight with the kids? Or were they busy shoveling?? Wink

Well Stoopy, we don't have to shovel. No one wanted to have a snowball fight. Sad Right now it's 32F and the streets are clear. By Tuesday the Temps are forecast for the low 80s.
the old saying.."if you don't like the weather here wait a day"

#5: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:39 pm
    ----
A couple of the worst winter storms I've ever seen were in Lubbock/Amarillo. One was a hailstorm that ruined every car on the new car lots in town...insurance companines took a beating. Ice storm was brutal...and getting up the hill on the interstate was a bear, if you know the one. Wink

These systems are known as the result of an "Albuquerque low", when cold air from the north Rockies hits warm moist air coming from down around baja and the gulf coast and converge, for a major dump. It can make for outrageous snowfall in the Santa Fe, Albuquerque and Los Alamos areas. I lived there and trust me, I know.

#6: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:52 pm
    ----
Trustin' ya. I forgot all about it (because it seems like a month ago now) but on Tuesday this last week my youngest stepson and his wife drove down from Shephard AFB in Wichita Falls to have dinner with me before one of them deploys overseas for a while. Funny thing was, they'd just on THAT DAY traded in their '06 'Stang GT for a nice new shiny black Chevy Silverado with all the trimmings (so's they can haul their ATV's and stuff).

Anyway, as we're in the restaraunt, it starts pouring and right after our dinners arrived the waiter comes up to inform us of marble-size hail outside with "much bigger stuff on the way". He was even nice enough to be holding a marble-sized sample from outisde in his hand. Th' daughter-in-law (who's very cool) was worried sick over her nice shiny new truck, while her hubby and I just wanted to dig into our ribeyes.....his answer was "Nuthin' to worry about, it's the "Texas Edition" Silverado" Laughing

Didn't get dinged, but man, I'm sure he'd be eating nothing but crow for a month if she'd found a ding!

#7: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:05 pm
    ----
Ya, weird stuff. About 3 weeks ago we had a weekend with temps in the 80's and came home Monday morning after work and it was snowing. Nothing more than a dusting but still pretty cool since we've had a really dry winter here.

Enjoy it before the heat comes back!

#8: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:34 pm
    ----
Damn,,,,,you really are pretty much in Alberta there bullet, We were well on our way into spring here or so I'd thought. cant remember which day but early last week it snowed 4 inches, temp dropped back into double digits below zero, basically jumped right back into winter again and finally woke this morning to sunshine and the sounds of water droplets from the roof. by showing me these picks you made me feel way better to see that central alberta is not the only speck on this continent that gets pummeled with mama natures mood swings,

kinda gets me thinking.......So the Earth is on its last legs, means ol' mama nature is getting old, so does global warming actually kinda mean she has menopause? Rolling Eyes

#9: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-LurpsLocation: In back of the sty .... sighting in my Luger .... PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:23 pm
    ----
Dat thar's gotta be Texas cause all I see in dem thar pics is pickup trucks
an' dem thar fancy shmansy newfangled SUV's ..... Shocked Mr. Green

#10: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:06 pm
    ----
I do my share for global warming. those pickups and all my gas powered equipment. I want a huge carbon footprint!!!!

I should take a picture of one of our busiest streets on any one paticular day.....Thousands of white pickups running around...... hundreds of SUVs and a couple of squashed hondas Cool

#11: Re: SNOW!!! Author: JG300-WILLIFOCK PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:41 pm
    ----
Guess I fooled you that time nine months ago eh mother nature !

#12: Re: SNOW!!! Author: jg300-Deputy_DaleLocation: Orlando PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:54 pm
    ----
And don't ferget bout da camper cross the street. Just hitcher up to da truck and you can move momma to the next town right quick.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum