Armor penetration formula
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: blair PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:41 am
    ----
Gentlemen,
Thank you all for your educated input.

I was wondering how long it would take for a "Lorrin" reference to appear.

#17: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: clausb PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:47 am
    ----
- JWB2
I got the info from C.G. Erickson a few years ago at one of the visits to Littlefields.

Well, maybe he can clarify it, if he sees this. Still sounds wrong to me.

Claus B

#18: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:42 pm
    ----
I remember that thread on the old forum. By the way, thinking back to the old forum, where's Vascilly (sp?) these days?

I remember the discussions about the geometric advantages, face hardened steels, thru hardened homogenous steels, etc.

All devised by science and all with counter-measures devised by science and spoken in the language of mathmatics. Velocity graphs and vector analyses that reveal convoluted "shatter gaps" that most mere mortals (like myself) don't understand.

Mabe there should be a "mathematically brilliant minds" forum.

Last edited by Dennis_Smith on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#19: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:09 pm
    ----
I may have mentioned Lorrin, but I wasn't going to bring up the dreaded
Surprised Shatter GAP Shocked

#20: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:25 pm
    ----
PLEASE, not the "Shatter Gap" thread! AAAARGH

#21: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:53 pm
    ----
Thanks Bob, I hoped that would be a clincher.

Last edited by Dennis_Smith on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

#22: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:44 pm
    ----
- bsmart
I may have mentioned Lorrin, but I wasn't going to bring up the dreaded
Surprised Shatter GAP Shocked

Oh God I've got my twitch back....

Crying or Very sad

#23: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: claude_GILLONO PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:10 pm
    ----
Twisted Evil So you all finally admit there is a SHATTER GAP... Mr. Green

Wink

#24: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:14 pm
    ----
No I admit that there is a theory of "SHATTER GAP" that some believe and others don't . The concept of arguing SHATTER GAP is part of the basic religion of the AFVNews discussion group. Other key parts of the faith are

"Were there Green Tigers in Tunisia?"

and

"Did American units have Sabot rounds for the 57mm AT gun in Europe?"

It doesn't matter which side ogf the argument you are on you just need to have a strong opinion on at least two of them.

The faith is not in the belief but in the existence of passioned discussion

#25: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:38 am
    ----
- bsmart
No I admit that there is a theory of "SHATTER GAP" that some believe and others don't . The concept of arguing SHATTER GAP is part of the basic religion of the AFVNews discussion group. Other key parts of the faith are

"Were there Green Tigers in Tunisia?"

and

"Did American units have Sabot rounds for the 57mm AT gun in Europe?"

It doesn't matter which side ogf the argument you are on you just need to have a strong opinion on at least two of them.

The faith is not in the belief but in the existence of passioned discussion

I'll see your "Shatter Gap Religion" and raise you one "AFV Paint Religion".... Mr. Green

#26: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:27 am
    ----
And I raise you both: One pink Panther in Viet Nam! Twisted Evil Laughing

#27: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: clausb PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:00 pm
    ----
At least the matter of the Sherman Comb have been solved..... Smile

Claus B

#28: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:56 pm
    ----
deja vu all over again Smile

Jeff Lewis

#29: Re: Armor penetration formula Author: blair PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:32 pm
    ----
Wheeeeee....

-> AFV News Discussion Board