I need some new stuff
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: I need some new stuff Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:29 am
    ----
I'm not getting much help from up above so I'll ask here. I'm needing a new set of controlers and need some input about what to get. Your experience with these or others will be appreciated.

Quote from the hardware forum "Ok, My Microsoft sidewinder is getting old so it's decision time. I would like to get a set of joystick, throttle , and rudder pedals. CH products have them and also Saitek. They seem to be priced about same and and have similar features . So I come to ya'll to give me some pointers, experience with the products, to help me make the best choice.
Thanks in advance."

#2: Re: I need some new stuff Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:12 pm
    ----
I have the CH PRO Pedals and have been happy with em, but I've been using them with my old Logitech Wingman Joystick so can't speak on any of the combos.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

#3: Re: I need some new stuff Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:31 pm
    ----
1Bullet, I've had a couple of CH Products joysticks and the reason it's only been a couple is because they work so well and last so long. I've also had rudder pedals in the past which were made by Thrustmaster - very heavy duty but a bit rough in the electronics dept. The only reason I retired both is because they weren't USB and I didn't want to go through the hassle of adding an old-fashioned 15-pin SubD game port to my new PC. These two items were laid to rest just a couple years ago and my CH Stick had many many dogfigh killts to it's credit and the rudder pedals were GREAT for helo flying.

If I could, I'd definitely get another CH Stick and their pedals, in the USB variety. The only thing against the CH Stick had was due to it being a fairly simple Flightstick Pro, it just didn't have all the buttons you get on newer sticks. That's not a problem with their FighterStick or CombatStick - all the bells and whistles you could want, exept for twist-rudder control, which is why you'd want the pedals as well.

All in all I have the highest regard for CH products quality and smoothness/fidelity of the electronics they use. Really great stuff if you can swing it!

#4: Re: I need some new stuff Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 pm
    ----
Thanks guys, I also had a Thrustmaster joystick and a CH flightstick, which I used as the throttle after I got the Thrustmaster. Both were retired for the same reason and probably have a lot of life in them. I really think the Saitek sticks look kinda funny... Rolling Eyes .......... I'm more familiar with the CH stuff and Thrustmaster (didn't even think about them at the time) so I'll do some number crunching, and see which one fits.
Again Thanks for the help .........Dang I wish I could get some time to fly with Ya'll Sad

#5: Re: I need some new stuff Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:52 pm
    ----
Just ordered the CH Pro Rudder Pedals. It's my BDay present from the wife
Wink

#6: Re: I need some new stuff Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:58 am
    ----
Cool!!!! Gonna get one of their sticks too?? Oh yeeeaaahhh.....

#7: Re: I need some new stuff Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:45 am
    ----
Yep next month when I get the funds Mr. Green

#8: Re: I need some new stuff Author: JG300_Echo4PapaLocation: USA - NH PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:03 pm
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
I'm not getting much help from up above so I'll ask here. I'm needing a new set of controlers and need some input about what to get. Your experience with these or others will be appreciated.

Quote from the hardware forum "Ok, My Microsoft sidewinder is getting old so it's decision time. I would like to get a set of joystick, throttle , and rudder pedals. CH products have them and also Saitek. They seem to be priced about same and and have similar features . So I come to ya'll to give me some pointers, experience with the products, to help me make the best choice.
Thanks in advance."

I'm using a Logitch Extreme 3D Pro joystick. I'm satisfied with its' cost effectiveness.

Sincerely,
Craig
JG300_Echo4Papa

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum