more Mississippi tanks....neil take note
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: more Mississippi tanks....neil take note Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:37 pm
    ----
More pictures from my friend Glen, This is an M60 at VFW Post 9122 on Highway 49 in
Mendenhall, Mississippi. right click and save for Info

Ones in
Jackson and Corinth Mississippi (M60 and M728) Neal has on list

#2: Re: more Mississippi tanks....neil take note Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:14 pm
    ----
That M7228 CEV has a bogus gun tube. Wonder why they just didn't plug up the big 165 mm it had? Confused

#3: Re: more Mississippi tanks....neil take note Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:44 pm
    ----
Armyjunk2, thanks again for the pics...

Tanklord, I believe there is some sort of what I'll call a conspiracy theory about M728 barrels... I wont repeat it, but it was on here briefly before being taken off... I understand most or all M728s on display dont have their original barrels - but without any further evidence I call it a "conspiracy theory" Wink

Neil

#4: Re: more Mississippi tanks....neil take note Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:21 pm
    ----
Neil, did you notice tank here not on list and the new ones at Camp Shelby?

#5: Re: more Mississippi tanks....neil take note Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:33 pm
    ----
Yep, certainly did...

Neil

#6: Re: more Mississippi tanks....neil take note Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:36 am
    ----
Regarding the 165mm demo gun. . . I noted that none of the military specifications for this weapon or its ammo are available in the Mil Spec database, which indicates to me that the components are classified.

IIRC, we received this weapon from the UK. I imagine that they still have it classified and we do as well out of reciprocity.

KL

#7: Re: more Mississippi tanks....neil take note Author: clausb PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:47 am
    ----
- Kurt_Laughlin
Regarding the 165mm demo gun. . . I noted that none of the military specifications for this weapon or its ammo are available in the Mil Spec database, which indicates to me that the components are classified.

IIRC, we received this weapon from the UK. I imagine that they still have it classified and we do as well out of reciprocity.

KL

You mean data other than ammo weight, velocity, range and gun dimensions and weights?

cbo

#8: Re: more Mississippi tanks....neil take note Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:26 pm
    ----
- clausb
- Kurt_Laughlin

KL

You mean data other than ammo weight, velocity, range and gun dimensions and weights?

cbo

Yup. Stuff like drawings, cartridge loadings, shell loadings, and even shell packaging. You can find practically anything else, but not that.

I think the real "pearl" is the HEP/HESH projectile as you can't find anything on the HEP round for the M68 105mm, but there's plenty on the APFSDS.

KL

-> AFV News Discussion Board