beechcraft d18svc
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: beechcraft d18svc Author: mevans PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:41 pm
    ----
The two tail lights on the elevator(activated by keyboard L) only come on at full throttle. These must be part of the model as they move with the elevator. They work fine with the amphibian model but I cannot get them to stay on with the vc model. They do not come on with any switch on the panel.

#2: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:49 pm
    ----
No they don´t

#3: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: mevans PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:46 pm
    ----
No they don't - what kind of answer is that?

I know it might appear trivial - but I think it is an intriguing anomaly and I would like to know if anybody has an answer. I really feel the d18s is superb and I would like this sorted - anybody else noticed this effect and can give me an answer? Basically I am curious because the amphibian came after the vcmodel and does not have this problem.

#4: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:03 pm
    ----
As I said in my PM to you, we did not build the aircraft and we do not alter it in any form or way, the Aircraft was made by Milton Shupe and his team and I suggested to you that if you find this little glitch disturbing you should contact him.

I find it most irritating when you ask me something by PM and I answer you thruthfully that you go about and start asking the same questions here in public, why did you sent me a PM anyway then ?

#5: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: mevans PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:37 pm
    ----
I am sorry if I offended you, I thought you could help me. I am not that familiar with the forum and your name was the obvious first choice to ask a question. I only went public to see if anyone else had noticed this glitch and maybe had a simple answer. Once again I apologise if my naievity irritated you.

#6: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:50 am
    ----
Hi mevans!

Yep, it's a bug in the developers aircraft. Sometimes those oddities are noticed by the authors but after they've put in hundreds of development hours, they simply draw the line on when to stop. I suspect that glitch was one of those 'when to stop' decisions. Wink

#7: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: mevans PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 am
    ----
Thanks shadow

much appreciated

#8: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:26 pm
    ----
Hi mevans, err, welcome to Com-Central...lol

Don't mind Fled, he's old, mean and twisted. Smile

Bushy, Fled's on the loose again, we need a bigger lock !

Mr. Green Mr. Green

#9: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: mevans PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:38 pm
    ----
Thanks for the welcome Kit

I think I got my wrist slapped!!!!

#10: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:41 pm
    ----
ROFL mevans...

Don't worry, Fled's a great guy!

LOL Kit, I better find a better spot to hide the 'key'...lol

#11: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:29 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Hi mevans!

Yep, it's a bug in the developers aircraft. Sometimes those oddities are noticed by the authors but after they've put in hundreds of development hours, they simply draw the line on when to stop. I suspect that glitch was one of those 'when to stop' decisions. Wink

It's certainly true. Over time, more than one freeware aircraft developer has decided to throw in the towel becuase after all the months of toil, they get emails from people complaining that the footstep location is off by half an inch or the canopy glass is slightly the wrong shade of green, and demanding it be fixed.

Not that your observation isn't valid, mevans, however it's the way it is and that's all she wrote. With any aircraft by Milton Shupe, the pure, golden quality speaks for so many other details he and his team do spend getting right, if that makes it feel better.

I also welcome you to Com-C....just also wanted to put in a good word for Fled becuase in my many many years of simming I haven't met anyone who works harder to help others out and answer other people's questions, and it'd be a shame if you didn't get to know him like we do. Also for the record, it takes a big man to apologize in public - without excuses too, which is my own pet peeve (since excuses don't make it an apology, they make it an...excuse!) - very refreshing to see in this day and age of non-responsibility, and so for that I'd like to be the first to buy you a cold one...please drink up!

#12: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:45 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
....just also wanted to put in a good word for Fled becuase in my many many years of simming I haven't met anyone who works harder to help others out and answer other people's questions,

Gotta agree wholeheartedly with Stoopy's statement.

Fled would lend you his hard drive if he could to allow you to fly and sacrifice his own 'airtime'.

He's one guy to add to your Christmas card list Smile

#13: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: mevans PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:31 pm
    ----
Thank you guys - I guess I got off on the wrong foot

I certainly was not criticising Miltons work - I have the Spartan and the Howard 500, both of which are superb (or as you say Quality). I have only just downloaded the beechcraft, which is truly a delight to fly & gives a feeling of reality. I also downloaded Fled's 66 textures for each, may I say thank you Fled, saved me loads of time searching.
By the way, thanks Stoopy, could do with a cold one, just been doing battle with a TU154-b2 into Almaty. Now that is also freeware quality.

#14: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:08 pm
    ----
Well them big Rooskie planes can be a handful, especially on final when you don't know whar "BliCota" or "Ckopoctl Bo3AyXa" mean.....have wrestled the civvy Tu-95 through some nasty approaches myself so have a second and a third cold one....

Mr. Green

And, y'know.... I was outside doing yardwork and talking to the neighbors this weekend and I found out that a LOT of the teenage girls 'round the neighborhood actually have a crush on Fled.....which doesn't surprise me because I....well I....I used to have one too....don't tell nobody....

Laughing

#15: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:08 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Well them big Rooskie planes can be a handful, especially on final when you don't know whar "BliCota" or "Ckopoctl Bo3AyXa" mean.....have wrestled the civvy Tu-95 through some nasty approaches myself so have a second and a third cold one....

Mr. Green

And, y'know.... I was outside doing yardwork and talking to the neighbors this weekend and I found out that a LOT of the teenage girls 'round the neighborhood actually have a crush on Fled.....which doesn't surprise me because I....well I....I used to have one too....don't tell nobody....

Laughing

Run Fled ...run like the wind!!!

-> FS2004