beechcraft d18svc
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:17 pm
    ----
Hello Everyone, Smile

Not often I get a question regarding the D18S so this is exciting.

Let me clear up one thing. I rarely get any kind of "you screwed up, or you got it wrong" emails. Probably 2 or 3 in 5 years. OTOH, I have received thousands of kudo emails. I have basically retired because the projects were getting longer with all that is expected today for a quality product and 8-11 month projects simply wore me down.

With that said, I tested the D18SVC version here in FS9 and it works fine with engines off, idling or at full throttle. This is not something I would have missed or ignored. So, I can only assume you are referring to an FSX experience?

If not, then I will correct whatever you can find for FS9, and might even find a workaround if you are referring to FSX.

Let me know please.

EDIT: BTW, there are three VC passenger versions; no rain effects, rain without a remapped roof for Eric Joiners paints, rain with remapped roof. If FSX, you do not want rain effects; if FS9, then say which you want.

EDIT2: Okay, I may have discovered a possible cause in that the lights were not mapped but gmax textured. I changed the model by mapping the lights and texturing in FS and recompiled it. Here is a link to the zip that includes an updated d18svc mdl and redgreen.bmp. The b18ms.mdl file goes into the model.vc folder, the texture is to be copied into all of your texture folders. This b18ms.mdl file excludes vc rain effects as they will not work in FSX anyway.

www.flightsimonline.co...svcmdl.zip

#17: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: mevans PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:39 am
    ----
Thank you Milton for your personal reply. Let me first say how much I admire your work, I probably spend at least 75% of my flying time in your machines. Regarding my question of the tail lights, this was most definitely not a criticism just an observation that intrigued me. I am using fs9 only.
The tail lights are ok in the amphibian model but when I use the vc model they are on initially (after pressing L on keyboard) ,in external view, but after changing to any other view and back to external they only appear at full throttle.I have tried reloading the original d18svc but still have the same result. I will try the model, you link to, tonight after I finish work and let you know the result. Thank you once again for your response.
I have already upset Fled so I hope you are not offended by my intrigue.

Regards
Mike

#18: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:19 pm
    ----
Hey thanks Milton! Mighty kind of you to stop by and offer that. That's what you call 'Warranty Service' above and beyond all expectations!!

I didn't meant to infer you had those kind of "support headaches" - I just recalled what Mike Stone said a few months ago when he announced his retirement, which was a bummer. Felt bad for the guy.

And hey, mevans....all's well that ends well, so jeeze dude - dontchya think it's about time to let go of the Fled thing or WHAT?! Or I'm gonna want those friggin beers back and give'em to someone else, LMAO!!!!!

Life is short, let's FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:26 pm
    ----
Sorry that I didn't reply any sooner, but been a wee bit swamped here with all kinds of stuff.

Thank you Milton for having a look at it and providing a cure,
I apologize to all if it may seem that I've blown my top,
but as stated before we have permission to host Miltons files,
we have his blessing for the "collections" but we never ever alter the original work.

mevans no ecuses or apologies needed here, I'm straightforward, so I allready forgot about it.

Thankx to the gang for stepping up the plate for me, very much appreciated, really means a lot to me fella's.

Thank god a have a 80 mm pantzer platte under and behind my seat in the FW190 Laughing

did I miss out on sumtin ??

fled
Cool

#20: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:51 pm
    ----
Hi y'all Smile

No problems with any of you comments here ... just trying to help if I can.

Mike, be sure that in FS9 Display settings that you have Lights set to its max number.

Milton

#21: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: mevans PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:12 am
    ----
Thanks Milton

Initially, I substituted the new model & bmp and still had same problem.

I thought I would start from scratch & downloaded d18svc4.zip fom Avsim
& installed it & guess what - problem gone!!!!

I think you must of psyched it Milton! either that, I could of had a corrupt download.

I am now in the process of reinstalling new textures and published mods.

Thanks again for your help.

By the way, nice to meet you all - very infomative forum I will be revisiting often.

#22: Re: beechcraft d18svc Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:37 am
    ----
Ah, Mike, that is great to hear.

BTW, you should visit the support site to ensure you get the fixes from the FAQ's page.

www.flightsimonline.com/d18s/

-> FS2004