Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:53 am
    ----
Again this year I will not be able to make it. But this time it isn't due to work, it's due to my daughters upcoming wedding and the prperations required ( Don't ask me why I need a chainsaw to get ready for a wedding, I just do what I'm told Rolling Eyes )

I've heard some rumbling that there may be some interesting exhibits this year and am wishing I could be there

#2: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 am
    ----
Would your daughter consider getting married at the Patton Museum?

#3: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:51 am
    ----
BOb, I'm planning on going, I will take lots of pics and post here. Anyone else going? Don will be there I'm sure....

#4: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:54 am
    ----
Don't think my wifes family would understand. The grooms family may go along (His father is active in the local Vietnam Vets chapter)

But the announcments have already been sent out, and a deposit put on the reception hall so ...

Wedding isn't until late July. This is just part of the 'getting things ready' process. a couple weeks ago was one of the good 'getting ready' events - Cake testing Smile after 'testing' (with a fork) several cakes it was decided on 'Inside out HO-HO' cake.

#5: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:59 pm
    ----
I'll do some 'remote testing' for you Razz

#6: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:07 pm
    ----
Some things just shouldn't be delegated

#7: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:19 pm
    ----
Bob & TW

Sorry. you can't make it. Good Luck with the Cake tasting and the 'CHAIN SAW ?!?!... ( wow, now THATS the most original excuse I'VE EVER HEARD!! Confused Laughing )

Anyway,...I will, of course be at the event, all weekend. Anyone who may be planning on showing up, let me know. I'll be the one, running around trying to keep things running smoothly.

It should be a great weekend!

I'll have photos and possibly video to be posted each evening, for those who may not be able to make the trip. (..due to 'chain saw' weddings !?, amoung other reasons??? Mr. Green )

Regards
Don

#8: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:23 pm
    ----
- Dontos

I'll have photos and possibly video to be posted each evening, for those who may not be able to make the trip. (..due to 'chain saw' weddings !?, amoung other reasons??? Mr. Green )

I have a cast-iron excuse - its called the Atlantic Ocean.

Certainly would be interested in any images!

Cool

#9: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:22 pm
    ----
Yeah, yeah, we're still waiting for your long-promised trip over here Don Wink

Neil

#10: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:41 pm
    ----
Having just forked out for a Network Array Server here at home to transfer the web site too means I am a bit skint at the moment Fred Wink

Mind you with the dollars in the doldrums its probably never been cheaper than now Crying or Very sad

Cool

#11: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:43 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Yeah, yeah, we're still waiting for your long-promised trip over here Don Wink

Neil

ahhh... Well,.....you see,..... theres this 'Chain Saw wedding' that I have to do the 'pre-ceremony' Cake tasting, located in Europe,......

Ah hell, never mind.....I guilty of 'no-showing'. Soon to be rescheduled....(I swear!!!)

Don

#12: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:37 pm
    ----
Is a chainsaw wedding the preferred Virginia alternative when you're out of shotgun ammo Mr. Green

Jeff Lewis

#13: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:12 pm
    ----
Not this year.

I'm going on a 65 hour driving time trip.

Leaving Memphis going to Colorada Springs to pick up a rear drive axle ass'y for my Half track, then down to Fredonia AZ to pick up a bunch of half track parts. Then down to Huston TX to Brent Mullins place to pick up my 57mm AT cannon..... With stops at Ft Sill OK, and Ft Hood TX..... Rolling Eyes

#14: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:47 pm
    ----
OT... we had a chainsaw at a wedding before... uncle earl is lumberjack and they brought him out a chainsaw so he and linda could cut the cake!

#15: Re: Is anyone going to Ft Knox for the Memorial Day Show Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:54 am
    ----
I'll be there on Saturday. I'm planning to leave around 7, ETA hopefully around 10.

-> AFV News Discussion Board