FYI: 'Open House'
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: FYI: 'Open House' Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:35 pm
    ----
Hey All

This is strictly preliminary information.

On Saturday, June 20, the Museum will have an 'open house' of facilities not normally open to the public. The LST building and Richardson Motor Pool will be open to the public !!!

Interested visitors need to 'check in' at the Museum (which will be open a 9:00am), and then will be able to visit both the LST & the Museum Motor Pool.

Of course, I will be there, perhaps as an LST 'attendant'.

This is a rare opportunity to see one of the most unique buildings in History, and to see where all 'the magic' is performed. Rolling Eyes

I'll try to keep ya'll current with any updated information. If you have any questions, feel free to inquire.

See you in June....
Don

#2: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:04 pm
    ----
Nice--I do believe I'm off on the 20th.

#3: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:22 pm
    ----
Is it me, or does this not seem inspired by a recent event Wink

And umm... Don, June 20 is a Wednesday...

Neil

#4: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:23 am
    ----
- Dontos
Hey All

This is strictly preliminary information.

On Saturday, June 20
CORRECTION!!! 16 JUNE
, the Museum will have an 'open house' of facilities not normally open to the public. The LST building and Richardson Motor Pool will be open to the public !!!

Interested visitors need to 'check in' at the Museum (which will be open a 9:00am), and then will be able to visit both the LST & the Museum Motor Pool.

Of course, I will be there, perhaps as an LST 'attendant'.

This is a rare opportunity to see one of the most unique buildings in History, and to see where all 'the magic' is performed. Rolling Eyes

I'll try to keep ya'll current with any updated information. If you have any questions, feel free to inquire.

See you in June....
Don

Ah....DID I SAY 'SATURDAY, 20 June...??? Shocked
Okay, I meant 16 June, Which is a Saturday. Sorry for the mix up.

SEE YA"LL SOMETIME IN JUNE.... Mr. Green
Don

#5: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:09 am
    ----
Ah, well I'm off the 16th as well.

#6: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:15 am
    ----
Yeah, unfortunately I would need to have off the 15th as well (for the drive or possibly flight) and I dont see that on my calendar or available vacation time. Have a good time ya'll!

Neil

#7: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:16 am
    ----
With all the Wedding plans can I convince my wife that I NEED to drive out to Kentucky that weekend Confused Rolling Eyes

I really wish this was going to be in September (or even August) -

I must think Confused , contemplate the consequences

#8: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:29 am
    ----
Will somebody please think of an Old Guyâ„¢ and try to get me a series of the T5 Phase 1 in the LST bldg. from several angles with good lighting? I"ve gotta' head out to S. America in late June and probably can't make it. Sad

#9: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:38 am
    ----
Any updates beyond the preliminary info? Smile Is it a go?

#10: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:55 pm
    ----
- Chris_C
Any updates beyond the preliminary info? Smile Is it a go?

Yes, the Museum will host an 'Open House' of all storage facilities on 16 June.
This will include the LST building and the Richardson Motor Pool which is the maintance and primary storage facility for the Museum.
Interested visitors are asked to first check in at the museum and then be allowed to visit and access the normally closed facilities.
I will be one of the volunteers manning the LST. See you there.

Will somebody please think of an Old Guyâ„¢ and try to get me a series of the T5 Phase 1 in the LST bldg. from several angles with good lighting?

To the "Old Guyâ„¢"
I'll See if I can fill that request... Wink

Regards
Don

#11: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:43 pm
    ----
- Dontos
See you there.
Yes you will. Wink Thanks again for the heads-up.

#12: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:57 pm
    ----
Would loveto see pix from the inside of the LST building

#13: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:44 pm
    ----
- Chris_C
- Dontos
See you there.
Yes you will. Wink Thanks again for the heads-up.

HOT NEWS UPDATE:

The Ontos will be on display in Richardson M.P.
( ...As well as all the other vehicles there... Rolling Eyes )
Plans are to roll it out, do some maint checks, and then drive it around. Not to be missed!!!

(Of Course,....I'll be at the LST building... Crying or Very sad )

Mr. Green

Don

#14: Re: FYI: 'Open House' Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:09 am
    ----
Lets see, F1 Races in Indy or LST Building? see you Saturday Smile

-> AFV News Discussion Board