Pictures FSX
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Pictures FSX Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:11 am
    ----
Just got most of the stuff set up on my new rig (Dell XPS710) FSX, FS9, CFS3 all run very good. on FSX with the SP1 I get 15 to 20 FPS on high settings on everything.... FS9 runs at 20 all the time with silders all the way........ Haven't had much time to do much with CFS. Darn the graphics on FSX are totally Awsome.

Heres some pictures..

The only thing I'm having trouble with(FSX) is the menu at the top of the screen. ALT turns it on but doesn't turn it off??

#2: Re: Pictures FSX Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:23 am
    ----
Having the same prob myself Bullet!,,,,cant get rid of the damn menu bar......that and I lose zoom view often too!,,,,,,,I think I can live with it.....for now

#3: Re: Pictures FSX Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:52 am
    ----
I agree. The scenery quality is so good and the menu bar is small so it really doesn't bother me to much either. The Zoom thingy happens to me too in FSx and FS9. Oh well...Can't have perfection in a game right

#4: Re: Pictures FSX Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:18 am
    ----
Just hold down the ol' ALT key for aboot 2-4 seconds and you'll see that menu bar disappear.

And to get your zoom back, I find that just moving the mouse pointer anywhere in the middle of the screen and clicking, returns "focus" to the view and then your + and - keys work. Then there's the new "mouse view" function also, if you hold down the space bar and scroll your mouse wheel back and forth, you can adjust the zoom, also moving the mouse moves your view in a very smooth & precise manenr compared to the hat switch.

I confess I've been flying FSX quite a bit since SP1 came out and have been having a GAS! Have it running very smooth and crisp as well (20 FPS almost everywhere, 15 min in extremely heavy areas like New York and downtown Seattle, and with 1m texture resolution, mid sliders almost everywhere else but it still rocks better than any sim I've ever seen). Been kinda choosy about what add-on aircraft I add, and make the little thumbnails for 'em and some custom views....have you guys noticed the flight dynamics seem much more "real", like when you're landing you can really feel it floating and being hit by small turbulence?

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum