Rohrbach Roland I
-> FS2004

#1: Rohrbach Roland I Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:47 am
    ----
Another German oldie:
-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=64493

"Rohrbach Roland I, early german airliner. No radio, no GPS, no ADF. But some kind of winglets! VC only, german documentation. Tow liveries: Lufthansa and Iberia."

Filename: rohrbachroland.zip
Author: Ralf Kreibich
Size: 8005kb

Cool
Marco

#2: Re: Rohrbach Roland I Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:32 am
    ----
Eh, Gents, I can't post pics yet, but I'll do for sure as soon as I can, just to show you how a beauty this bird is!

The Roland was a Rohrbach successful civil project which saw involved a designer of the caliber of Kurt Tank (Focke-Wulf). Rohrbach was famous in the '20s for his flying boats, and the firm where Tank honed his skills.

This model is outstanding under all points of views, and if you like this kind of vintage planes, you can't miss it.

I'd like to address you to this one too:
-> www.com-central.net/in...&t=650
It's from Ralf Kreibich as well, and it's another beauty. Cool

The same author released not so long ago a wonderful Sablatnig P-III, which with these two shares the same peculiarity that it has no 2D panel, but an excellent VC; the Sablatnig is a little jewel, but you might find it uncomfortable to fly with, 'cause the cockpit is placed aft of the wings, in the rear part of the fuselage, and so visibility is really bad. Rolling Eyes

A last note: in the pdf's that come with the planes (in German, unfortunately), it is announced the forthcoming release of a Dornier Merkur and a Junkers F-13, all kites that have a historical place in the develompent of German aviation before WW2, so get ready Wink

I'm gathering screenshots of these three planes, and when done I'll post them here on a separate thread, for your evaluation, but maybe you could not wait for me and get these little masterpieces now Mr. Green

Marco

#3: Re: Rohrbach Roland I Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:48 am
    ----
Thanks for the heads up Marco, I'm adding it to my 'hanger'...:D

-> FS2004