Some Normandy armor in honor of D-Day & our WWII veterans
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Some Normandy armor in honor of D-Day & our WWII veteran Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:16 pm
    ----
Roy (and other people who may be interested),

here you will find all the pics I made of the DD at Courseulles in 2004 and 2007, pics are in the original quality, the ones on the website are reduced :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Sherman_DD_Courseulles.zip

P-O

#17: Re: Some Normandy armor in honor of D-Day & our WWII veteran Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:54 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Ah, okay, my mistake - you're right, I guess it was the brakets (or parentheses).

Neil

I spend this afternoon to redo some galleries, removing the parentheses. Now theorically there is no problem to publish photos from my website on this forum.

Again, check for more updates that will be done this week-end..

P-O

#18: Re: Some Normandy armor in honor of D-Day & our WWII veteran Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:43 pm
    ----
The dummy hanging from its 'chute on the roof of the church at St. Mere Eglise doesn't resemble Red Buttons very much . . .

#19: Re: Some Normandy armor in honor of D-Day & our WWII veteran Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:48 pm
    ----
Neil, are you sure that the Centaur IV exposed at Hermanville-sur-Mer has a Cavalier turret, as stated on the France AFVs list? I tried to compare the Cavalier turret with the one at Hermanville and it seems to me that the Hermanville's turret is a Centaur one.
The barrel is shorter and the turret seems to be the same than the one at Bénouville.

Cavalier tank :

Centaur at Hermanville pics :

Walkaround here :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Tanks_in_France/centaur_hermanville/index.html
P-O

#20: Re: Some Normandy armor in honor of D-Day & our WWII veteran Author: tankbarrell PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:01 am
    ----
The Cavalier and the Centaur use the same turret. The tank in question was a Centaur Dozer, restored at Duxford using the turret from a Cavalier recovered from a range in the UK.

-> AFV News Discussion Board