Daviator's Stearman on finals!
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:10 am
    ----
-> www.daviator.com/stearman/index.htm

Marco

#2: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:50 am
    ----
This plane is so popular, the author had to pull the download link! WOW...

Anyhow, he goes on to say that the new release won't be far away, so keep checking back... Wink

#3: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:45 pm
    ----
Well, now.

I wanna say something about this here aero-plane.

And I'd like you all to please listen up for just a sec...so, take your time, and gather round.....

I'm dead serious here.

Go get a cup of coffeee or a beer first if that'll make ya more comfortable.

This is seriously critical info you need to know.

Yes, Hoppa, it's okay if you want to sit on the floor indian-style. Ascout can keep his feet up on the desk too. Stand on our head if you like, I just want a serious second of your time.

And then you can do as you please.

See, there's a thing about this here plane.

And you need to know about it.

I caught the download link and tried it out. Yessir.

And the thing of it is, is that it is

QUITE FRIKKIN' FINE.

No foolin'.

I wouldn't yank your chain about a thing like this.

The other thing to know about it is this:

It's quite possibly the absolutely finest (fixed-wing) piece of work I have ever seen for this sim.

It's true. Ask anyone.

And lastly - pay attention, I'm almost done.....

There is simply nothing on this here aero-plane that lacks in any way!

You name it.

The model itself.

The panel.

The Interior.

The VC

The flight model (oh okay, I didn't get a lot of time to fly it before having to leave for the airport)

The sounds.

It's all good.

Wait - scratch that -

It's all frikkin' top-shelf high-dollar first-class kickazz superbijjin doggone downright fargin' beautiful, straight up and on the level, hands down, over and out.

I am absolutely astounded, flabbergasted and dumbfounded that it isn't payware.

But then again, it must be difficult to put a price on perfection.

And you can take that to the BANK.

No foolin'.

GET this plane first chance you can.

I mean watch that website like a HAWK, boys.

Seriously.

Thank you!!

#4: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:25 am
    ----
Lol, Stoopy, yep, I couldn't agree more.
Mr. Green
The zip that David had made available a few days ago was a beta-test one, and the definitive release should be within a couple of days at the max, so stay alerted!
Cool
I'll try to get you informed as timely as I can, but time zone difference might play jokes here, so keep stuck to the link above and check yourselves; as an alternative, keep an eye at SOH, where they say the kite will be hosted as well.

Marco

#5: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:55 am
    ----
Got me fingers crossed Marco....:D

There is a small airport not far from my house and several people around here fly those. I've been trying to get a ride in one...Ok, maybe I should ask the owner before I fly it...lol

#6: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:36 am
    ----
outoutoutoutoutoutoutoutout!
-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=64733

"FS2004 Only - Stearman Kaydet and Eagle Field Scenery This is a *mostly* new model for FS2004. Model includes 6 new texture choices and models: U.S. Navy N2S-2, Navy N2S-3, PT-13A Pre WWII USAAC, PT-13D USAF, RCAF and civilian colors. Also includes additional scenery of Eagle Field - fictitious field near old Stearman Factory in Wichita, KS. Model, panel and gauges by David Eckert, FDE by Dennis Seeley and scenery by Mark Smith."

Filename: stear04.zip
Author: David Eckert, Mark Smith, Dennis Seeley
Size: 17320kb

Marco

#7: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:21 am
    ----

Mr. Green

#8: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Kafco PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:06 am
    ----
Kudos to David, Mark and Dennis for the magnificent Stearman!

Last one I flew was Dick Chase's '43 model at Flughafen Graben in '97. That plane sure brings back good memories.

Makes owning FS9 worthwhile.

Regards,
Ken

#9: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:10 am
    ----
Hiya Ken! Welcome to CC...:wink:

I'm getting this plane now and adding it to my hanger.. Mr. Green

#10: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:58 am
    ----
Cool

This an absolute MUST HAVE !

I did a lil spin with it also took it around Eagle Field (7KS9) scenery that comes with it, actually that was made by a dear friend, Mark Smith aka AeroViking and Old NJG 7 member from whom I had my inaugural flight training waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back Mr. Green

It has a lot of goodies wrapped up in it, taxi up to the main hangar where the Stearman sign is in front and enjoy what happens Mr. Green

The Airplane itself is an absolute dream, this folks really did their homework on the subject, every stencil you can think of is depicted with the model, the detail is mindbuggling, this must have taken a wee couple of hours to get it to this standard, absolutely fantastic, and imagine this is FREEWARE ! I bet you that most buy add-ons don't reach this level of quality and detail.
included some piccie's I took for ya all to create some apetite !! Wink

So folks don't stand around and get this wonderfull Aircraft with the sweet scenery that comes with it, you won't regret it, fun is gauranteed with this one.

fled
Mr. Green

Last edited by Uhu_Fledermaus on Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

#11: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:38 am
    ----
I'm drooling already. When the computer comes back, it will be one of the first ones I get.

#12: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:38 am
    ----
Mark Smith's website:
-> www.msscenery.com/home_page.htm

More sceneries available, including the Eagle Field one, of course Wink

Cool
Marco

#13: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: JG300-LurpsLocation: In back of the sty .... sighting in my Luger .... PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:39 am
    ----

I love it ! Bi-planes rank up there with helos as my favorites ....
and the Stearman is a classic !
Thanks for the tip !

#14: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:24 am
    ----
MAN-O-MAN! This is some top-shelf stuff here!!
I noticed the gages all appear to function in outside view.
Don't recall seeing this before, is this something new to FS9?
Nice touch!

#15: Re: Daviator's Stearman on finals! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:57 am
    ----
More new texture sets coming... Fleeeeeeed! Mr. Green

The first one was announced already on another thread started by BooRay. while the second is brand new:
-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=64789

"A repaint of Dave Eckert's excellent Stearman Package for fs2004. This is USN "401" stationed at Corpus Christi, Tx Circa 1943. A supurb color photo of this plane was used for painting. See the readme for detailed installation instructions."

Filename: crpchrst.zip
Author: David Green / Dave Eckert
Size: 546kb

Wink
Marco

-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=64856

"This is a repaint only for David Eckert's Boeing Stearman Kaydet package. This N2S-3 Navy version is in the markings of an early 1943 Naval training unit. Original base textures by David Eckert."

Filename: n2s-3184.zip
Author: John Terrell
Size: 688kb

-> FS2004