Networking...
-> Software

#1: Networking... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:09 pm
    ----
GRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr

My head is about screwed after setting up a FTP server, Web server and sorting out the DNS redirection, not to mention the mail thingy...LOL

So I just can't handle another problem. Shocked

I have three computers networked up (actually there is six, as well as a network printer, print server, router and switching hub) but three computers will do for now to explain the problem... Rolling Eyes

Right, three computers A---B---C all on the same network and workgroup and subnet mask.

I used to have a network share folder on computer B that A and B could see and use.

Computer C is now a server running 24/7 so I deleted the network share folder from computer B and made a new networkshare folder on computer C, computer A and B can see the new share folder and use it.

I decided to keep the hard drive back up images on computer B so I created a new network share folder (Image_backups). Both A and C computers can see the new share but can't get access, it says the folder is not accessible.

Why?
I've basically deleted one shared folder which worked and created a new one which doesn't.

I HATE MICROSOFT... Evil or Very Mad

*edit*

Just had a quick test, I can't get access to the new share folder on computer B from computer B through 'network places'...LOL
I can open the folder though if I browse to it.

I'm off to bed, should be able to manage that I think.

#2: Re: Networking... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:48 pm
    ----
Kit, check permissions on the Share to make sure they...

1) Have the Share option (the little hand under the folder)

2) They're not set to 'read only'.

3) The 'root' folder also has shared permissions. (In other words, Mainfolder/subfolder both has permissions to share.)

#3: Re: Networking... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:26 am
    ----
All sorted... Smile

PowerQuest Drive Image was the culprit.

Hmmm...Symantec...Norton...

Bloody Norton...

#4: Re: Networking... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:26 am
    ----
ROFLMAO....

#5: Re: Networking... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am
    ----
lol

-> Software