#1: June 17th and 21st Bush Flights Author: Maple_One, Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:27 am ---- CCB_010
Remote Camp Resupply
Event begins immediately following the Sunday Flight. This flight will be run a second time on June 21st at 1400 ET (US) 1900 GMT
First of all, letâ€™s cover the required files list for this flight. These files are mandatory â€“ you must have them installed on your system.
Â· The aircraft will be the Maule M7-260 with wheels and skis available in the CC Downloads section.
Â· The scenery is the awesome Glacier Bay package available on Flightsim.com and Avsim. The file names to search for are: glbayv2a.zip and glbayv2b.zip. These are large downloads â€“ 56 megs and 85 megs respectively, but â€˜you get what you pay forâ€™ in terms of file size. This package covers a large area in the northern panhandle of Alaska and includes accurate mesh, shorelines, landclass, airports and a whole lot of beautiful eye candy.
Â· The scenery files included in this package: move or copy the Com Central Bush Flights folder to your fs9\addon scenery folder. This adds two fictitious campsites and a permanent camp to the Glacier Bay scenery. If you havenâ€™t already installed Com Central Bush Flights scenery from previous flights, then be sure to go into your Scenery Library and activate this scenery.
Â· Please read and follow all of the instructions in the Com Central Bush Flying Flights â€“ More Required Files and Instructions forum thread.
Â· Please download and install the files in the Com Central Bush Flying Flights â€“ Bush Flights Scenery Library Update v1.0 forum thread. This contains scenery objects and textures for this and future bush flights.
Now, on to the particulars for this adventure.
The CCB_010.zip file contains the following:
* CCB_010 Briefing The briefing document.
* CCB_010 Briefing_files folder Contains images for the briefing.
* CCB_010 Kneeboard A concise printable page with flight plan information.
* CCB_010.fsn FSNav flight plan. Move or copy this file to your fs9\modules\FSNavigator\plan folder.
* Flight Simulator Files folder Contains GPS flight plan and saved flight to begin this adventure. Three files in this folder are: CCB_010 VFR Gustavus to Juneau.PLN , CCB_010, and CCB_010.wx. Move or copy this folder to your My Documents folder and overwrite when prompted..
* CCB_010-Sectional.jpg A partial sectional chart roughly describing our route.
* Com Central Bush Flights folder Adds two fictitious campsites and a permanent camp to the Glacier Bay scenery. Move or copy this folder to your fs9\addon scenery folder and activate it in the fs9 Scenery Library if needed. Overwrite if prompted.
Our task today is to deliver supplies to three remote locations. The first will be to a team of geologists who are camped on a 6000+ foot plateau on Mount Crillon just north of Brady Glacier. Because of this high altitude landing, we will be unable to fully load our aircraft. The second is northeast of Mount Crillon to a team of glaciologists who are examining and mapping ice caves at a ridge in Ferris Glacier. Then weâ€™ll fly to a permanent camp on the Endicott River to deliver food and truck parts to the inhabitants. Finally, weâ€™ll fly to Juneau International to end out flight for the day.
Hope to see you there,
#2: Re: June 17th and 21st Bush Flights Author: Freebird, Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:18 pm ---- Great flight and excellent company, gents!
#3: Re: June 17th and 21st Bush Flights Author: Maple_One, Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:02 am ---- Had a great flight! Thanks to everybody who flew Sunday
#4: Re: June 17th and 21st Bush Flights Author: Snorre, Location: Ziegenhain, GermanyPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:43 am ---- It was a great flight gentlemen and I think the screenshots show it....
Until next flight
#5: Re: June 17th and 21st Bush Flights Author: Skyguy, Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:17 pm ---- Can't wait to get in to this with you