can someone ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: can someone ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:30 pm
    ----
can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy

year and make of car?

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:19 pm
    ----
No body help him! Laziness is no excuse on this board. Research doesn't come for free.

#3: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:33 pm
    ----
We as a board may be better than the sum of our parts but you appear to Crying or Very sad be draggin the equation down. SHAME SHAME Crying or Very sad

Come on these are simple, in fact a couple of them showed up in recent threads. The other didn't but is one of the easiest ones to identify. This is a case of helping you help yourself Wink

#4: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:41 pm
    ----
On solution would be to cross-check against the USA AFV Register Wink

Neil

#5: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:45 pm
    ----
'38 Cadillac, since it's not an AFV...and that's as far as I go. Wink
(We rides in style in JG300!)

#6: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:16 am
    ----
Smile

#7: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:37 am
    ----
what are you trying to do, armyjunk2 ?????... i wish we were all sitting in the same bar for this one!

what the hell, now you are you like my congressman or something! no offense brother but i have a 5 year old in the family that can probably field the majority of this one.
armyjunk you have been getting into armor here and if you have acquired any research books, etc. i cant believe that you couldnt find this info in a quick fashion.

okay, here is a clue for you to start your research--
the 3 pic, the tank with the yellow markings and star, belonged to a famous tank killer ace. wont tell you the tank nomenclature, but it is a very famous tank, primarily known for being a "Tiger" killer, very deadly on the battlefield. in fact the 3 red hash marks on the star are Tiger kills!
just ask anybody here on the DG.

#8: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:41 am
    ----
I'm posting these airplane pics, those people are killing me, a couple beers would be good

airplane pics

Smile

#9: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:52 am
    ----
- SHAWN
what are you trying to do, armyjunk2 ?????... i wish we were all sitting in the same bar for this one!

what the hell, now you are you like my congressman or something! no offense brother but i have a 5 year old in the family that can probably field the majority of this one.

Whoa! Tough crowd...tough crowd! Laughing

okay, here is a clue for you to start your research--
the 3 pic, the tank with the yellow markings and star, belonged to a famous tank killer ace. wont tell you the tank nomenclature, but it is a very famous tank, primarily known for being a "Tiger" killer, very deadly on the battlefield. in fact the 3 red hash marks on the star are Tiger kills!
just ask anybody here on the DG.

That's the "Haunted Tank"?! Shocked

#10: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:01 am
    ----
got em, I was making a DVD of all the tanks at Knox that I WAS gonna give each of you

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

#11: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:15 am
    ----
just kiddin' i was being lazy

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:28 am
    ----
hey - You had a moment of weakness and the board decided that the best way to get you through it was Tough Love. Wink

Accept the wisdom of the board

#13: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:19 am
    ----
"Accept the wisdom of the board"!
thanks bob, that is cool.
that phrase has gotta stick around...

but, what i want to know is, armyjunk2 have you identified the tanks in your pictures?
shawn

#14: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:26 am
    ----
I got em...................

#15: Re: can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:55 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
can some ID these quickly for me?? i'm really lazy

In My 'May 2007' updated Ft Knox Historic Military Vehicle Display Index.....

M4 'Grizzley' (AKA 'Cindy')

M3A1 Stuart:

year and make of car?

1938 'Caddy' Limo: 3rd Army Commanding Generals Staff Car. This is the vehicle GSP was riding in when involved in the Traffic accident. The entire front end was eventually rebuilt, In Germany. The vehicle was returned to service as the 3rd Army CG's Staff Car. Eventually it was 'retired' and was sent to Ft Knox to join the rest of the Patton Collection.

HTH
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board