Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:54 pm
    ----
[quote="bsmart"]
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Folks!

- Neil_Baumgardner
Courtesy of my friend Kevin who just happens to be in Oklahoma City.

M60A3

This vehicle is a M60A1.

It matches the handbook image for the M60A1 AOS

Cool

#32: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:37 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Folks!

- Neil_Baumgardner
Courtesy of my friend Kevin who just happens to be in Oklahoma City.

M60A3

This vehicle is a M60A1.

It matches the handbook image for the M60A1 AOS

Cool

I like the attention to detail they showed by even making sure the tracks are camoflaged Laughing

#33: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:46 pm
    ----
- bsmart

The other two I identify by some somewhat insignificant quirks.

Both have something 'stuck' on the differential above the left side tow lug. Looking very closely you can see the 'thing' is different on the two vehicles.

It's a clamp to secure the tow cable when not in use
- bsmart
One tank has a small rectangle in the center of the left side hull applique armor (almost makes it look like a vision port in a welded up M3 side door).

That's probably a holder for a memorial plate or vehicle description plate.

#34: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:38 am
    ----
Hi guys

I was only able to make it to the museum 45 minutes before close on Sunday, and ended up spending all that time indoors reading the Willie and Joe comics in the great Bill Maudlin exhibit.

Great museum, highly worth visiting.

Has anybody tried contacting them to see if they can provide the serial numbers?

-> AFV News Discussion Board