Well they ride about in an afv usually
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Well they ride about in an afv usually Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:22 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Apparently the guy with the straight SA80 gets to carry rifle grenades as well later this year.

The section also carries two baton guns in Iraq.

Cool

What's a baton gun, Jim?

#17: Re: Well they ride about in an afv usually Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:14 pm
    ----
It fires anti-riot ammunition - mainly rubber (well actually nylon) bullets and CS rounds etc.

Cool

#18: Re: Well they ride about in an afv usually Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:04 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
It fires anti-riot ammunition - mainly rubber (well actually nylon) bullets and CS rounds etc.

Cool

Thanks. (Wonder why they don't just do that from the 40mm, though...we had CS..or CN rounds for those in VN...seems you could make a beanbag round for one of them as well, if it hasn't been done already)

#19: Re: Well they ride about in an afv usually Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:43 am
    ----
Been done, take a look here for all sorts of interesting rounds in 40 MM

www.strategosstore.com...-Munitions

Jeff Lewis

#20: Re: Well they ride about in an afv usually Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:31 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I have also heard that using a magazine tends to jam a SAW; assume but dont know if the same holds true for other Minimis...

Neil

During my time in the service the BANG-BANG-JAM syndrome was reported fairly common when using a mag on the Minimi. Not so much that it was considered a serious disturbance but enough to be annoying. Belt feed also had it quirks when comparing to the "big brother" the FN MAG 58. These "errors" were experienced with early generation Minimi's though, I've heard that reliability has been improved considerably over the years.

-> AFV News Discussion Board