Scenes around Ft. Knox - pics #6 (last batch)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Scenes around Ft. Knox - pics #6 (last batch) Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 pm
    ----
Here's the last batch of photos of Ft. Knox scenes from the end of April 2007. (It's okay to breathe a sigh of relief; I won't get my feelings hurt. <grin>)

Located about a block east of Skidgel Hall off Phantom Division Road we find the T-29.

Just to the north of the T-29 is located its sister, the T-30.

Go Armor! Go Army! Spirited water towers on the west side of Dixie Street south of the Stithton Circle.

The north face of Ireland Army Hospital. In 1967 the eye clinic here dug a tiny fragment of shell casing brass out of my left eye which had lodged there. This was a result of standing behind a General Electric GAU-2B/A 7.62mm 'mini-gun' mounted on the left pylon of an XM-21 Weapons Sub-system of a Bell UH-1C gunship during a live firing ground exercise on one of the ranges. They did a nice job.

The hospital's helipad looking south. Seems like an international airport to me because of its size and night & approach lighting.

Nobody needs to be told what this is, do they? Wink

Taken in a parking lot on the SW corner of the intersection of Eisenhower Avenue and Old Ironsides Avenue.

The south gate of Ft. Knox on Bullion Boulevard leading to US 31W and the nearby town of Radcliff.

That's all, Gentlemen. Thanks for looking and thanks for all of your erudite comments!

#2: Re: Scenes around Ft. Knox - pics #6 (last batch) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:25 pm
    ----
Thanks, Bob...

I bet you also recall that T29 being in Stithton Circle back in the old days...I know I do.

We used to boresight our tanks on Ireland A. Hosp. windows with the crosshair method...it was visible from most points around base, and offered good right angles for this purpose.

#3: Re: Scenes around Ft. Knox - pics #6 (last batch) Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:39 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

We used to boresight our tanks on Ireland A. Hosp. windows with the crosshair method.

Jeez.........I hope I wasn't in the eye clinic at the time! Surprised

#4: Re: Scenes around Ft. Knox - pics #6 (last batch) Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:29 am
    ----
Hi Bob (A-109)! Hi Folks!

Great set of photos! Thanks for taken all the trouble to post them.

Thanks to all the folks to take the trouble to share they pictures!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board