Army Test and Evaluation Command
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Army Test and Evaluation Command Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:59 pm
    ----
OK,

while on IMDB, I stumbled upon this gem of a movie:

"Army Test and Evaluation Command", filmed in 1965 at Edwards AFB, Fort Benning, Fort Knox and Fort Sill, Vic Morrow as narrator (gee, I wonder why?), "The United States Army's organization for the testing and evaluation of new weapons systems, transportation vehicles, and armament is described in this documentary short film. Various segments of the Army Test and Evaluation Command are shown testing trucks, aircraft, tanks, rifles, and artillery."

Made by the US Army, running only a scant 30 mins (bit of a let-down) and I WANT it! Come on, one of you guys has hidden it somewhere in his footlocker, I just know it- or maybe Senhor Kibbey obtained a few copies during his later tenure at one of the above locations? (Imagine, if you would've been born a few years earlier, you could have been a dashing filmstar courtesy of Uncle Sam Laughing )

Unfortunately, it's not on YouTube (too busy sharing the exploits of the Wehrmacht it seems), and it's not available through Amazon, so I'm wide open to suggestions.

Jens O.

#2: Re: Army Test and Evaluation Command Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:25 pm
    ----
TECOM films or ones made specifically at the Armor Board or APG are available from some company around in a limited selection. I know of one that features the M60A2 vs. the MBT70 (I think) or some combination like that. Forget the name of the company right now, but Google around for it.

The Armor Board had it's own Photo and Graphics Dept. downstairs in the basement of the building that's the Armor Center HQ now...had some great stuff and documented everything.

When you see the fender markings on Board vehicles that say: "TEC (triangle) EBD" that's shorthand for Test and Evaluation Command, Engineer Board..the short version for the place.

Still en route to Argentina, got weathered out and broke down (airplane) and spent the night in Dallas....not an auspicious beginning...typing from the Admiral's Club at DFW. Rolling Eyes

-> AFV News Discussion Board