Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: jagjetta PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:44 pm
    ----
Greetings,
Michael Koenig was kind enough to send some photos to me to use on the Military Vehicles web site. He didn't give me permission to post elsewhere, so I thought I would just post the link to the story so that forum members can enjoy them too:

www.militaryvehiclesma...56Articles

John A-G
Editor, Military Vehicles Magazine

#2: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 pm
    ----
This is a shot of the Panzer III being towed out of the museum in 2004.

(I am exiting thru the hull escape hatch, not an easy task, even for me.)

Staged & awaiting the signal to join in the action on Sunday 27 May.

After the show, Panzer III loads up on 'lowboy' to return to Richardson M.P.

Ready for the trip accross post....

I also have several video segments, that I took. I'll see about getting them up on 'You Tube'.

More if there is interest.... Rolling Eyes

Don

#3: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:44 am
    ----

#4: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:09 am
    ----
Don and AJ2, your photos are really nice !!

Pierre-Olivier

#5: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:53 pm
    ----
TY, Don and the other volunteers at Knox do good work so its easy to get good picture there......

#6: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:22 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
TY, Don and the other volunteers at Knox do good work so its easy to get good picture there......

Please..... I'm just the 'pain in the butt' who hangs out at the museum (on occasion).

It's all the hard working Volunteers who really deserve all the credit.

Regards
Don

#7: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:57 pm
    ----
Great job, everyone! Where can I find out about becoming a Patton Museum Volunteer even though I live too far away to help on more than an occasional basis. Thanks.

#8: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:34 pm
    ----
- A2_Prius
Great job, everyone! Where can I find out about becoming a Patton Museum Volunteer even though I live too far away to help on more than an occasional basis. Thanks.

Email me, including basic information (ie name, contact address, a good contact email address) and I can forward it to the 'proper officials'.

I know what 'ya'll' are thinking..... Mr. Green

I am not always 'proper' and far from being 'Official' Rolling Eyes , but....

I know 'a guy',
who knows 'a guy',
who is related to 'a guy',
.....Who IS the 'proper official'.

PROST!!

Don

#9: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:21 pm
    ----
Well

Here is a link to my latest video attempt. Mr. Green

The Patton Museum's Panzer III Lives again !!

Let me know what 'ya'll' think.

There are a few little mistakes, but I'll correct them on a re-edit in a couple of days. ( I'm not perfect.... Wink )

Enjoy
Don

#10: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:01 am
    ----
Pretty good, Don. We'll have to add film producer to your list of accomplishments. I was hoping that someone got some video of the Panzer III. Hopefully some more may turn up.

#11: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:00 pm
    ----
Hi Don! Hi Folks!

SUPER! I LOVE IT!

Now you need to do one for the Ontos.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#12: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: panamadan PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:15 pm
    ----
What is the history of this III? It looks to have early and late features. Dan

#13: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:26 am
    ----
Yes, it is an ausf F version that has had upgraded features added at some point to ausf J specifications, notably the 50mm KwK L/60 main gun and the turret schurzen. It has the old style drive sprocket on the left side with the 40mm spacers to accept the later, wider 400mm track and the later style drive sprocket on the right side. It also has a hole all the way through the gun mantlet and turret front.

I have been told that the Panzer III was found in a repair depot in Germany during or right after the war and then shipped to the Armor Center at Ft. Knox where it became part of the Patton Museum collection.

#14: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: BryanWilson PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:44 pm
    ----
Very nice photos. Thanks.

For those who have ridden in the Pz-III, what is it like? Cramped or roomy for that size tank?

#15: Re: Pzkw. III up and running in Kentucky Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:43 pm
    ----
- BryanWilson
Very nice photos. Thanks.

For those who have ridden in the Pz-III, what is it like? Cramped or roomy for that size tank?

The turret is cramped, even more so than Stuart or Shermans. More so than the Jadpanzer IV but not as bad as the Hetzer.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board