M60A3 Jackson Tennessee
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60A3 Jackson Tennessee Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:34 am
    ----
Hi,
Here are some pics I took of the M60A3 located at the Frankland-Taylor National Gaurd Armory in Jackson TN. Neil, She's already in the register but here are some updates.

Serial Number 3717A with Registration JJ00C7. Anniston Rebuild Formerly M60A1 3829 with the back deck belonging to 3719A. This tank has a lot of late features and other than the broken headlamp is in excellent shape.

Enjoy
Joe D

#2: Re: M60A3 Jackson Tennessee Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:46 am
    ----
Did you balance on top of the fence for that one shot?

#3: Re: M60A3 Jackson Tennessee Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:09 pm
    ----
Nope,
My old camera pole took it.

Joe D

#4: Re: M60A3 Jackson Tennessee Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:13 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Nope,
My old camera pole took it.

Joe D

Mines finally given up the ghost.. okay next doors dog got hold of it and terminated its existance with extreme prejudice and I have to manufacture a replacement.

Lets have a look at yours Joe so we can steal your ideas Wink

Cool

#5: Re: M60A3 Jackson Tennessee Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:50 am
    ----
VERY interesting that the grenade launchers are still there. On the M60A3's in Nebraska, the launchers and their ammo boxes are always removed. Same for the rear fender-mounted phone box. Was there as standard "de-mil" procedure sent out?

Gary

#6: Re: M60A3 Jackson Tennessee Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:22 am
    ----
Gary,
This one is complete from what I could tell. Looks like they just drove her right on to the pad. There is a standard to de-mil these tanks which include enviromental concerns with the removal of heavy metals, radioactive material and any POL residue. A lot of these former Gaurd tanks still belong to the units so they don't go through the same process as one donated to a VFW or museum. The Alvin York Armory in Jamestown TN has a functional DIVAD M247 sitting out front.

Jim, I just dusted off the home made contraption I cobbled together when I was up at Fort McCoy spring last year. I believe I had posted some pics of it. I am working on a much better rig and hope to have it done one of these days.

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board