Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:50 pm
    ----
- piney
Hi Don;

Thanks much Mr. Green , I will add it to the next edition of the serial guide booklet.
[img]http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/atsionlake/?action=view¤t=Leo1serial.jpg[/img]
here's the section from the guide on the Leo I, HTH

Jeff Lewis

PS

Don't know why the photo won't load you can find it here
s40.photobucket.com/al...serial.jpg

[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/atsionlake/Leo1serial.jpg?t=1184183408[/img]

I did a quick 'scan', but didn't see it. When I go back, I'll get that SN.

What about BMP, MTLB, TAB 72, & That SP Luchs. Quite clueless there. Hope to have time Friday.

Stayed Tuned...

#17: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:40 pm
    ----
The T-55 is probably Soviet built, the only thing is that it is then a T-55 built in 1965. The cyrillic character should translate as a letter ''G'' in our spelling.

Was the T-55 in that year still in production in the Soviet Union?

Thanks!!

Regards,
Lesley

#18: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: Esa_MuikkuLocation: Tampere, Finland PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:10 am
    ----
Hi!

That 5210G005 is a T-54 (not a T-55, production started six years later) assembled in October 1952 in Omsk.

Any serials for BMP-1s???
The style could be any of these
L07ZhT7015
V07AT6332
ZWJ07HML
depending on the factory, production time and goal (domestic/export). Chassis serial numbers (similar to those above) and vehicle serial numbers are stamped on plates in front of the headlight guards.

#19: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:12 pm
    ----
Hello Esa,
Do you know more about Soviet / Russian tank constructionnumbers??? The list I have is from www. militaer-technik-der-nva.de. I'am very interested in these numbers!

About the BMP c/ns. I should have a picture of a BMP c/n in the Munster museum, I will find it and post it here

- Esa_Muikku
Hi!

That 5210G005 is a T-54 (not a T-55, production started six years later) assembled in October 1952 in Omsk.

Any serials for BMP-1s???
The style could be any of these
L07ZhT7015
V07AT6332
ZWJ07HML
depending on the factory, production time and goal (domestic/export). Chassis serial numbers (similar to those above) and vehicle serial numbers are stamped on plates in front of the headlight guards.

#20: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:22 pm
    ----
Hello Esa,
Here they are, one of them is a BMP-1 and one a BMP-2, but what number by which verhicle belongs.......

Both were former East German army and are in the Panzermuseum in Munster.

Regards,
Lesley

#21: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:23 pm
    ----
And the other,

#22: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: Esa_MuikkuLocation: Tampere, Finland PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:33 pm
    ----
Lesley,

Thanks for posting those pics! ZWJ23TNA is a BMP-1 and 83096550 is a BMP-2. I had made notes of those too when visiting Munster.

<<<

Dontos,

Do you have serials for BMP-1s standing at RMP?

Esa

#23: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:26 pm
    ----
- Esa_Muikku
Lesley,

Thanks for posting those pics! ZWJ23TNA is a BMP-1 and 83096550 is a BMP-2. I had made notes of those too when visiting Munster.

<<<

Dontos,

Do you have serials for BMP-1s standing at RMP?

Esa

Esa

No, I couldn't locate in the limited time I had when my latest 'crop' of photos were taken. Now that I have an idea where they are, I will get them on my next visit, in the next couple of days.

Any ideas where the 'TAB-72' (Romanian copy BTR-60) SN might be located. I also have to find BRDM-2 & MTLB SN's. All the Russian vehicles are lined up in open, so access is much easier. Compared to much of the rest of the RMP stored vehicles that are packed 'tightly' in a bunch or closely arranged along the fence.

(warning note: local 'wildlife' has assumed a secondary 'guard' role by inhabiting the undisturbed shady areas now established by the stored vehicles. ie poisonous snakes common for this region Shocked ).

.....snakes,.....why did it have to be snakes. (movie trivia reference)

Getting some of the SN, RN, or photographic is not as easy as one might imagine. Please have patience. Rolling Eyes

More to follow

Don

#24: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am
    ----
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!

- Dontos

Harrison Ford in one of the Indiana John movies he made. He had been dropped into an underground room where the floor was covered with snakes.

Don't remember the sub title for the movie.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#25: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: Esa_MuikkuLocation: Tampere, Finland PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:17 am
    ----
Dontos!

S/N can be found on the extreme nose on MT-LB (on the top plate between the bow edge and transmission hatch) and BTR-40/BRDM/BTR-60 series vehicles (on the vertical bow plate).

In these vehicles it is stamped on a plate which is welded to the hull, just like those in Lesley's BMP-1 photos above.

Hey, let's be careful out there!

Esa

#26: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:25 am
    ----
- Dontos
(warning note: local 'wildlife' has assumed a secondary 'guard' role by inhabiting the undisturbed shady areas now established by the stored vehicles. ie poisonous snakes common for this region Shocked ). Don

Unless they're cottonmouths (unlikely, unless near water) not much to worry about. Copperheads are more likely and they are easy to distinguish and the least virulent of the pit viper toxins. Treatment for copperhead bite is to, like, to go a movie or something....it's a big yawn. Wink

#27: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:03 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!

- Dontos

Harrison Ford in one of the Indiana John movies he made. He had been dropped into an underground room where the floor was covered with snakes.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

Raider's of the Lost Ark?

#28: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:05 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!

- Dontos

Sgt, Scouts Out!

Raider's of the Lost Ark?

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding CORRECT!!!

Don

#29: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:14 pm
    ----
Hi Dontos, everyone,

I'm pretty sure M60 SN 836/ RN JJ03QD is an A3. The A3 in front of Crecy Hall at Fort Knox is SN 837/ JJ03QA.

She's an original non-rebuilt A3. So can anyone explain these goofy registration numbers now Mad ???? That's why I stick to SN's.

Joe D

#30: Re: Richardson Motor Pool: (FINALLY!!!) Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:55 pm
    ----
There has to be an Army Reg describing the assignment of Registration numbers. Anyone know what it is?

-> AFV News Discussion Board