M60A3 Dawson Springs KY
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60A3 Dawson Springs KY Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:33 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone,
Took these pictures along with many more the other day.

Very nice condition. Serial number is 2547A. I could not get the RN due to the very, very thick paint on the front. Back deck was also very thick. I had to work to get the tow lug and really didn't want to mess her up doing it for the others.

Did have an unusual feature which I've only seen on the Corinth MS CEV before. The Air filter boxes did not have the blower motor elbows. I'm still trying to figure this one out since all the in service M60A1 AVLB's I've seen have elbows on their boxes.

Joe D

#2: Re: M60A3 Dawson Springs KY Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:41 am
    ----
Joe, you might want to carry a bottle of clear - or green - nail polish to cover over any markings that require excavating, to preserve them for others. It's a lot better, I think, than paint, easier, and more discreet.

Hypothetically, of course.

KL

#3: Re: M60A3 Dawson Springs KY Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:04 am
    ----
This is probably a dumb question, but why wouldn't the Army weld the serial number directly on the hull in some logical place?? Right-front/ left-rear wherever. Seems like it would make it easy for them to keep track of vehicles.......

#4: Re: M60A3 Dawson Springs KY Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:33 am
    ----
That has to be a photoshopped picture. All the experts on Missing Lynx say that the M60 tracks stick out past the fender! Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board