For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too Author: Burik PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:54 pm
    ----
This is my in-progress 3/2 Stryker Bde M1126, circa 2005.

Bob

#2: Re: For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too Author: panamadan PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:16 am
    ----
Looks good-whose aftermarket gear is on the back deck? Dan

#3: Re: For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too Author: Burik PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:28 am
    ----
Real Model. THis is part of a stowage set.

Bob

#4: Re: For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:09 pm
    ----
Too bad there's no good way to spell-out a whistle of appreciation 'Wheeeew!" Shocked Smile

#5: Re: For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:32 pm
    ----
Excellent! Non-skid walkways done with Gunze Sangyo Mr. Surfacer 500 stippled on?

#6: Re: For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too Author: Burik PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:27 pm
    ----
Bob

The non-skid is Cast-A-Coat. It sprinkles on after you put down a liquid. My photos were taken after I glued other stuff on, so some liquid glue soaked into the non-skid, so in some parts it seems to be missing.

#7: Re: For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:00 pm
    ----
- Burik
Bob

The non-skid is Cast-A-Coat. It sprinkles on after you put down a liquid. My photos were taken after I glued other stuff on, so some liquid glue soaked into the non-skid, so in some parts it seems to be missing.

It still looks good, Bob. It could easily represent normal wear and tear due to crew movement on the non-skid surface.

If, on the other hand, you're not happy with the effect, you might try Mr. Surfacer. It's best applied by stippling it on with an old brush. Here's a 1/6 scale M5A1 Stuart drive sprocket receiving this treatment.

Here's a URL which is a Mr. Surfacer tutorial:
www.swannysmodels.com/Surfacer.html

#8: Re: For All You NTC Guys Out There - And Stryker Guys Too Author: Burik PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:21 pm
    ----
Oh, I did not mean that the glue took it off. I just meant that in looking at my photos if you felt it looked like I did a half assed job - It's not true! Smile The glue sort of camo'd my non-skid.

Once I paint it then it will all be evident again.

Bob

-> AFV News Discussion Board