Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:42 pm
    ----
Gents,

I hope you can help, since I'm drawing mostly blanks on a few items:

- Floodlight truck: Apparently there was a floodlight truck on the 1.5to Chevrolet chassis, which was mostly used by the USAAC/USAAF on airfields- so far I haven't been able to find anything, so I'd be grateful for photos, plans, TMs or pointers where to find them

- Cletrac "bomber nurse" (M2?): I've got a fair amount of photos of both active and restored tractors, but I'd need dimensioned drawings or plans. A TM would also help (or at least the number), since so far I found nothing on CMH or similar websites.

Also, if somebody happens to have a spare of the 1/85 or thereabouts model that came with either Monogram's or Lindberg's kit of the "Snark" (not Revell's, that has just a launcher) and would be willing to part with it, please email me at jensomehner##AT##onlinehome.de (remove and replace the obvious)

- Bomb service truck M6: I have some excellent photos plus TMs 9-1765A and B, which cover chassis components, but once again dimensions plus the TM for the rest of the vehicle (I assume TM 9-1765) or, if one exists, for the winch and lifting frame, would help immensely.

Why, you ask? A friend of mine is building an 1/87 USAAF airfield set in England during 1944/45 and I'd like to help him as much as I can.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,

Jens O.

#2: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:23 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
Gents,

I hope you can help, since I'm drawing mostly blanks on a few items:

- Floodlight truck: Apparently there was a floodlight truck on the 1.5to Chevrolet chassis, which was mostly used by the USAAC/USAAF on airfields- so far I haven't been able to find anything, so I'd be grateful for photos, plans, TMs or pointers where to find them

Jens O.

www.jedsite.info/trans...eries.html

Cool

#3: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:35 pm
    ----
Thanks Jim,

it's a start, I just realized I had the same pic of the J-5, but yours is clearer- and I've got a lot more on the M6. Mr. Green

Cheers,

Jens O.

#4: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:47 pm
    ----

#5: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:56 pm
    ----
Ahh, dimensions...

Thank you, big help!!

Cheers,

Jens O.

#6: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:09 pm
    ----
hope that helps, these came from TM9-2800 Do you need TM numbers for these vehicles??

#7: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:45 pm
    ----
Oh yes,

TM numbers would be great!! And I'll definitely look up TM9-2800 as well, the Standrad Ordnance Catalogue didn't help much.

Thank you thank you thank you

Jens O.

#8: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:23 pm
    ----
J-4
J-5
9-805
9-1765A
9-1765B
9-1825A
9-1826A
9-1827A
9-1828A
9-1829A

M-6
9-765
9-805
9-1765A
9-1765B
9-1825A
9-1827B
9-1829A

M2
none listed

#9: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:05 pm
    ----
Thanks again,

I'll see if I can dig them up, I've got 9-1765A and B, now on to the others... What a relief to see I'm not the only one drawing blanks on an TM for the M2 tractor. Smile

Cheers,

Jens O.

#10: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 pm
    ----
Jens, .......I have a copy of List and Index of Dept of the Army Pubs 1 Jan 1949 and I can't find a listing for a TM for the Cletrac, but I bet these people know if there is one, I've asked them, I'll let you know if they respond.......

Cletrac Tractors

#11: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:48 pm
    ----
Thanks Junkster,

I'm curious if the Cletrac fans can help- I've been there often enough and it never occurred to me that it would be the perfect place to ask. D'OH!!! Confused

Cheers,

Jens O.

#12: Re: Floodlight truck, Cletrac "bomber nurse" and bomb truck M6 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:55 pm
    ----
the site doesn't seem to have much action, but we will see.....

-> AFV News Discussion Board