80 MPH Bradleys
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 80 MPH Bradleys Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:30 pm
    ----
Hi everyone,
I figured I’d share some pictures of some Bradley’s blew by me on I-40 heading East on Monday. I had my camera handy so I took advantage of the opportunity. This is not that uncommon of a sight on I-40. A lot of traffic heading both East and West between Knoxville and Jackson TN. Pretty sure these are heading to Anniston. Every week there’s something so I’m now keeping my camera ready.

Joe D

#2: Re: 80 MPH Bradleys Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:39 pm
    ----
I think these are rebuilt at Red River in Texas. Good catch! Smile

#3: Re: 80 MPH Bradleys Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:07 pm
    ----
I don't know if they are headed to Anniston. I occasinally see similar Bradleys headed West on I-70 near Frederick MD. I saw them enter I-70 from US340/US15 a few weeks back so I am pretty sure they are coming up from the south.

Last week on the way to the wedding in Pittsburgh I saw a couple Bradley hulls (bare metal) along the Shoulder on Eastbound US-40 just off I-70 at the Maryland/PA line. I'm not sure if they had just pulled off I-70 and were getting ready to get back on.

When I first started seeing them on that stretch of I-70 I figured they were headed to I-81 and then North/East towards the plant in York PA that has doine refurb work on armor before (It used to be Caterpiller/Borg Warner/BMY, who knows who owns it now) but that is a slightly round about route although bridge clearances, etc might determine the routing.

Then again we might be seeing different types of movements.

#4: Re: 80 MPH Bradleys Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 am
    ----
BAE Systems, prior to that United Defense LP

Neil

#5: Re: 80 MPH Bradleys Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:17 am
    ----
Did you get any bumper numbers to ID the units they came from? If they are not tan in color, I would bet they are Reserve/Nat Gaurd owned.

-> AFV News Discussion Board