Upcoming Aberdeen Tour
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:48 pm
    ----
I will be at the Ordnance Museum for tours on Saturday August 25th

The Elefant and the Newly restored Sherman Firefly should be available outside the restoration shop (As if I have to dangle enticements )

I have one scheduled grup about 11:30 or so but there will be plenty of time either before or after for 'detailed tours'

#2: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:01 pm
    ----
shoot, I have an unbreakable appointment Sad

Anybody who can make it should experience one of Bob's great tours

Jeff Lewis

#3: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:41 pm
    ----
What colors did they paint the Firefly in? I cringe to guess...

There's not really a good accurate color scheme for it, except Aberdeen test colors...

Neil

#4: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:04 pm
    ----
I understand it was to be done as Canadian but that is all I know

#5: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:53 am
    ----
Elefant interior shots is possible? Most interested rear of fighting containment (evacuation hatch area)

#6: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:21 am
    ----
The couple shots I took on the day we moved the Elefant are probably the only ones I'll be able to get of the interior for a while. While it is in a more accessable area now until it gets scheduled to go into refurb (And I don't believe it is high enough on the list to be scheduled soon) I don't believe it will be possible to get access to the inside.

#7: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:51 pm
    ----
Bob,
I assume this is still on? I am currently planning to go. How many folks do we have so far? Any I know / from the board?

Neil

#8: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:01 pm
    ----
The Tour is on. No one from this group has let me know they are coming. We may have a few folks from some other discussion groups (I think they heard about it on a Flames of War group (wargamers)

I'll have my ladder so after the main group is done we might be able to spend some time on top of Elefant if you want (You still have your get out of jail letter? Rolling Eyes )

Of course everyone is welcome.

#9: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:06 pm
    ----
My friend Kevin should be with me, he may appreciate the ladder...

Neil

#10: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm
    ----
Well, as it turns out now..I could have come with some planning, but didn't know I'd be free. Sad (I have like 600,000 miles with 'Murican Airlines), but it's Thursday now and a little late to lay on a hotel/rental car/route/etc.

Evil or Very Mad

#11: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:16 pm
    ----
You get to BWI or Dulles tomorrow (Friday) or even O dark 30 on Saturday, and give me a flight number. I'll arrange the rest ( I can do National but would rather not)

Last edited by bsmart on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:18 pm
    ----
Lemme' check...(PM me phone number or cel if you got, I'll give you a call in a little while if you're available)

#13: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:24 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Lemme' check...(PM me phone number or cel if you got, I'll give you a call in a little while if you're available)

ON THE WAY - Standing (well sitting) By

#14: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:45 pm
    ----
I'm IN! Flight confirmed!

#15: Re: Upcoming Aberdeen Tour Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:58 pm
    ----
Coolness...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board