"Thunder over Reno"
-> Officer's Club

#1: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:56 pm
    ----
Well they had an article in the August copy of AOPA on the new air racing movie and thought....awesome....til I watched the trailer Laughing

Leaves much to be desired, like someone who can act Rolling Eyes .

Think "The Fast and The Furious" meets Aviation.

But still might make a good DVD rental, if only for the racing scenes.

www.thunderoverreno.com/index2.html

#2: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:37 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat

I amost puked some of my lunch up into my mouth when I read that but then again, if the P-38 wins the drifting contest at the end of the movie then maybe, just maybe, it might be OK.

#3: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:45 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-fr8ycat

I amost puked some of my lunch up into my mouth when I read that but then again, if the P-38 wins the drifting contest at the end of the movie then maybe, just maybe, it might be OK.

Conspicuously absent from the "Hardware" page is any mention or image of any P-38's...or any robed figures, red Lightnin's, or even any nuns on the apron. Already I'm thinkin'..."straight to DVD".... Rolling Eyes

www.thunderoverreno.com/hardware/

#4: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:02 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Already I'm thinkin'..."straight to DVD".... Rolling Eyes

...and then straight to the DVD Shredder at the first mention of "NOS" or "Running my P-51 on the bottle"......

Evil or Very Mad

(hey maybe Torq will have a cameo shot in a T-6??!)....

#5: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:32 am
    ----
Geeze!
If that's just the trailer...

#6: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:03 am
    ----
Trailers are good, you know which films to avoid...LOL

Can you use a cell phone while flying???

#7: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:00 pm
    ----
Maybe there's no mention of the P-38 cause it was at the shop getting Pimped at the time.

1) 21" wheels with lo-pro tires
2)hydraulics kit for "Bumping" down the runway.
3)blue neon lights under the fuselage.
4)Stoopy's name in Japanes letters on the rear window. Wink
5)DVD player and 19" widescreen plasma monitor that pops up out of the dash.

Heard that "thunder over reno" was just a working title. The release title will be "Thunder Over Reno:High Desert Drift" Laughing

#8: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:07 pm
    ----
"P-38's over Reno: The Last and the Furious" Mr. Green

#9: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:23 pm
    ----
"Sau's over Reno: Down Wind Drift"

#10: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:28 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
"Sau's over Reno: Down Wind Drift"

Sheesh!...there'll be more casualties than Le Mans '55. We don't want to end the series, we just want to win once in a while.... Rolling Eyes

#11: Re: "Thunder over Reno" Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:38 pm
    ----
After watching the trailer finally, I think the number of casualties that are bound to occur in the movie theater audiences will make the '55 Le Mans look like a picnic......

Was nice to see Bob Odergaard's restored F2G Super Corsair on the movie poster and so prominently in the film, even though, like the F-7 Tigercat and other planes like the stock P-51's shown, it's far from being a contender among the Reno Unlimited racers.

Just got done doing a paint scheme for that bird......and I believe it's the only flying F2G around now. And as a matter of fact is an ex-Cook Cleland aircraft and authentic Thompson Trophy racer, so the movie has that goin' for it.

Otherwise, heck, PROPS racing will give ya a whole lot more "thunder over Reno" and you get to fly the plane instead of watch a movie!

-> Officer's Club