The definition of 'Heavy Metal'....
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:44 pm
    ----
Many may not agree, but Iron Maiden is the epidomy of 'Heavy Metal' music, has survived the test of time, AND include armor (or armour) content.

The Trooper....

(Onward into the valley...) is perhaps THE ultimate Cavalry/Armor attack tune!!!!

Then theres this.....

Okay, Okay.....I'll shut up now.... Mr. Green

#2: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:43 pm
    ----
Silly Dontos, "Voodoo Child" is the ultimate Cavalry/Armor attack tune.

(...young whippersnappers....)

#3: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:20 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Oooh, I don't know, I'm kinda partial to the ride of the Valkyries myself, with the 1812 ouverture running a close second, gotta love music that uses real guns for percussion- oooh baby... Mr. Green

#4: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:34 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Doug_Kibbey

Oooh, I don't know, I'm kinda partial to the ride of the Valkyries myself, with the 1812 ouverture running a close second, gotta love music that uses real guns for percussion- oooh baby... Mr. Green

Well, Air Cavalry, maybe....since that one seems to have been appropriated already...

#5: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:41 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Doug_Kibbey

Well, Air Cavalry, maybe....since that one seems to have been appropriated already...

Looking at Wagner's life, I have a hunch it's been played before anybody ever even dreamed about the Air Cav- I just can see a monocled Prussian officer playing it on his gramophone while overlooking the frontlines... Wink

We could also have a ballet troupe of nimblefooted M41s doing their deed to Franz von Suppé's "Light Cavalry"- where are the computer animators when you need them? Laughing

#6: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:44 pm
    ----
If there's gonna' be tracked vehicles (and shootin') involved, I've gotta' go with this...

www.youtube.com/watch?...mp;search=

(...and I might be a little biased...I saw the brotha' perform live in '69 Mr. Green )

May '69 (one month before "the Experience" breaks up when Noel Redding quits the band, Band of Gypsies later forms)

Fri 2 Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan. sup (Fat Mattress - Cat Mother)
Sat 3 - Maple Leaf Gardens - Toronto, Canada. the cats
Sun 4 - War Memorial Auditorium - Syracuse, N.Y.
Wed 7 - University Of Alabama - Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Fri 9 - Charlotte Coliseum - Charlotte, N.C. sup (Chicago Transit Authority) Wink
Sat 10 - Charleston Civic Center -Charleston, West Virginia. sup (Chicago Transit Authority - Fat Mattress)
Sun 11 - State Fair Grounds Coliseum-Indianapolis, Indiana. sup (Chicago Transit Authority)
Fri 16 - Civic Center - Baltimore, M.D. sup (Buddy Miles Express - Cat Mother)
Sat 17 - Rhode Island Auditorium - Providence, Rhode Island. sup (Buddy Miles Express - Cat Mother)
Sun 18 - Madison Square Garden - N.Y.C. sup (Buddy Miles Express - Cat Mother)
Fri 23 - Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, Washington.
Sat 24 - Sports Arena - San Diego, California.
Sun 25 - Pop Festival Santa Clara, California. sup (Taj Mahal - Loading Zone - Fat Mattress, and more)
Fri 30 - Waikiki Shell, Honolulu, Hawaii.

#7: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:34 pm
    ----
OMG! I't amazing what you can find on YouTube!

Might not work for the charge, but maybe for the after-after-action report....

www.youtube.com/watch?...ed&search=

...'course, some chemical assistance, a cow-bell, and the next 8-10 hours off will be required. (I guess you had to be there...this played a lot better in 1968! Mr. Green )

"...and all the kids just rolled their eyes..."

#8: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:42 am
    ----
ALL YOU OLD GUYS!!!!

Jimi was Awesome...... HOWEVER

VOODOO Chile!!! SRV Style

Little Wing (SRV Style)

I was fortunate enough to see Stevie Ray Vaughn twice before his death. Truely Awesome!!

Anyway,....I stand by my Iron Maiden declaration.

(Actually I'm partial to 'Dangerous Toys'. Had two tanks named after them.)

Don

#9: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:41 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

My vote: Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue.

And as for tank props on stage, this was done by Kiss in 1982-83.

And a video:
Eric Carr drum solo, "War Machine" intro.

#10: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:02 am
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Doug_Kibbey

With Classical music in mind.....

Carmin Burana

Don

#11: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:22 am
    ----
OK,

for you friends of noise disguised as music (my buck stops with Aerosmith, ZZ Top and a couple of others, heavy metal does nothing for me), I present a few clips:

www.youtube.com/watch?...amp;search

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEsJPntcvg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLkTNBsfD7g

The proof that Brits don't tan:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPaRQ1BYjzU

This stirred up some unrest back then:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-nmgPZ_7Y

Best music video featuring a military vehicle: (ooh, you'll hate me for this)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6I5DzMYqcU Laughing

Last edited by Jens_O_Mehner on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:28 am
    ----
For my fellow calendar challenged members, no video but Cher with 16 inch rifles aboard an Iowa class with the appropriate "If You Could Turn Back Time"

Jeff Lewis

#13: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:43 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner

Best music video featuring a military vehicle: (ooh, you'll hate me for this)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6I5DzMYqcU Laughing

AHHHHH!!! Shocked NOOOOOOO!!!!

It took me 30 years to get that Damn tune out of my head!!!

....and now I have YOU to thank for another 20-30 years of TV tune HELL....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! Mad Mad Mad

Have a few shots of 'ANGELS MILCH', I'll buy.... Mr. Green

( for the uneducated,.... ANGELS MILCH is quite a disgusting drink in the Hessen region. I don't think it is available anywhere else. I only knew of it being offered a a little dance club in Langgons. )

Don

#14: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 pm
    ----
- Dontos
AHHHHH!!! Shocked NOOOOOOO!!!!

It took me 30 years to get that Damn tune out of my head!!!

....and now I have YOU to thank for another 20-30 years of TV tune HELL....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! Mad Mad Mad

Have a few shots of 'ANGELS MILCH', I'll buy.... Mr. Green

( for the uneducated,.... ANGELS MILCH is quite a disgusting drink in the Hessen region. I don't think it is available anywhere else. I only knew of it being offered a a little dance club in Langgons. )

Don

I love it when a plan comes together... Strike one and another notch on the grip. Mr. Green

Thanks for your generous offer, but I'll pass, I've been as good as on the wagon for ages now and Engelsmilch never was my weapon of choice. Shocked I'll hoist another mug of coffee in your honor- da real stuff, not what passes as such in the US... <shudder>

Jens O.

#15: Re: The definition of 'Heavy Metal'.... Author: oldertop PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:30 pm
    ----
Wagner, you twits!

-> AFV News Discussion Board